PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide coordination, mobilization and support in strategic leadership to churches in the Erbil area through youth group activities. To encourage positive inter-church interaction and high quality youth activities which build youth life skills and empowerment. Mobilization of youth and adult volunteers will be required.
· Provide assistance in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of the project, esp. initiating, supervising and monitoring the quality of its activities.
· Formation of an inter-church coordination team to support youth programming
· Consultative theme/course selection & design for youth activity groups within churches
· Building/Maintaining relationships and Organizing/mobilizing leaders at each church to teach / host / lead thematic youth groups meeting
· Recruit, Train & Mentor youth & adult leaders with support from church leadership
· Coordination and leadership of inter-faith activities to bring youth from various churches together for collective socialization, competitions or events according to youth group themes.
· Provide support in Management of the project deliverables, timelines, reporting, and budget
· Documenting the project’s success stories and practices with partners, youth and sharing with KRI and MEERO
· Represent the project with government officials, external partners and donors when required
· Assist in the development of standards and protocols for running the project, ensuring that project staff and partners understand and adhere to those standards
· Assist in writing reports as required for the response leadership, WV US and major donors
· Perform project related administrative duties which includes: contracts with the partners, officials, suppliers, etc.; arranging of different meetings; translation of project related documentation;
· Provide supervision to the volunteers involved in the project implementation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in church youth programming, teaching, NGOs or similar
· Good written and spoken English and fluency in Arabic required, strong Kurdish language skills preferred, but not necessary.
· Good understanding of the local Church community and the context with a solid established relationship with Church leaders
· Critical thinking and analytical skills.
· Event planning skills.
· Interpersonal and communication.
· Training, coaching and facilitation skills.
· Organization and project management skills.
· Ability to work effectively with teams and communities.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and crisis situations.
· Cursory ability to manage a budget, submit expense reports, and report on activities with support from Programs Team.
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.