World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Resilience Project Officer – Ninewa
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Resilience project officer will be responsible for project implementation. The individual will be responsible for providing day to day technical support and overseeing activity implementation in Ninewa. The post holder will liaise and works closely with stakeholders including government, private sector and community members to implement project interventions. S/he will also be responsible for activity delivery and day-to-day management of community mobilizers.
Quality Project Implementation
- Ensure quality implementation of project models in accordance with the project proposal and sector/cluster guidelines.
- Ensure the integration of promising practices in economic development/agriculture and natural resources management project activities in the local area
- Develop detailed implementation plans for the projects, aligned with economic development/ agriculture and natural resources management technical programmes, and coordinate their implementation
- Work closely with the other partners and coordinator to mitigate the project management and implementation
- Carry out the daily field activities including but not limited to household assessment supervision, beneficiary selection, FGDs with communities, vendor selection and contracting, etc.
Coordination and Capacity Building of Beneficiaries:
- Coordinate integration of livelihoods project activities with other sectors’ work and ensure the adequate integration of cross-cutting themes (gender, disability, etc.)
- Build the capacity of local-level staff, namely, community facilitators and business coaches implementing economic development, and agriculture and natural resources management projects
- Actively participate in the preparation, conduct and supervision of monitoring and evaluation activities and need assessment surveys within the implementation areas.
- Develop and establish better linkages and collaboration with local NGOs, Government departments and other stakeholders in the area to get useful information for improved economic development/agriculture and natural resources management implementation.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Regularly track project activities in coordination with MEAL
- Submit weekly/monthly report to the project manager/coordinator
- Track and report against core quality bench marks for economic recovery, food security and livelihoods and disaster risk reduction.
- Based on the donor requirement, support project manager/coordinator to submit required donor report
- Document and submit timely financial reports, field reports, and periodic progress reports on project activities to immediate supervisor following required reporting guidelines
Planning and Budgeting
- Support project manager to administer project budget to ensure accurate and timely budget spending
- Follow up and coordination with other departments e.g. Procurement, Security, Finance, Fleet, PDQA etc.
Perform other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Three (3) years of experience working experience in livelihood and economic development programs,
- Field experience working with communities and liaising with government departments
- Higher education – Bachelors degree,
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners
- Excellent organizational, analytical and report writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders
- Fluency in Arabic, English and Kurdish languages
- Knowledge of the displaced population profile in Ninewa.
- Ability and willingness to learn new things and support new initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure, efficient task prioritization and time management
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with the community
- Use reflective practice and promote its use for learning, Use critical thinking and analysis
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with partners
- Understanding of community mobilization and empowerment principles and approaches
- Excellent coordination skills
- Ability to engage in personal learning and development
- Practice in community development
- Training experience
- Experience of communicating with Government, Non-Government, organizations and other related area stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Arabic languages
- The position is based in Ninewa
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 80% of the time.
- Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
- The position is preferred to be in Ninewa
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at: https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/details/Resilience-Project-Officer_R7078?q=Resilience+Project+Officer
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 20 June 2022.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.