World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Resilience Project Coordinator – Ninewa.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The proposed project seeks to address root causes of SGBV including (i) Women’s low economic activity and low-income level, being a driving force for domestic and gender-based violence in the family, as well as SGBV prevalence in Iraq, (ii) Low knowledge, information and adoption of climate-smart agriculture (CSA) interventions, especially latest advances in research and technological innovations, which can boost productivity in agriculture value chains, and increase employment opportunities for women and youth and (iii) Limited understanding of how and why climate services have to be shaped to meet the differing needs of women, and how to use this information to influence policy change.
The role of this position is to provide overall leadership and management. This position will be accountable for leadership, planning, support and management of the project so that activities and outputs remain on track and the program contributes to its main goal and WV Iraq Strategy. Position holder will have skills in Climate Resilience, integrating gender into livelihood interventions, monitoring project outputs and outcomes.
At coordination level, this role requires skills and ability to use technical and consultative approaches while engaging other stakeholders. The role requires the ability to analyze, communicate and engage with external stakeholders. The post holder will be required to influence and foster strong external relations and coordination with other agencies working in the region of operation.
- Demonstrate World Vision’s core values, vision and mission in all aspects of the role.
- Build a team of highly committed and competent staff, ensuring cooperation and coordination among relevant staff within the Project.
- Provide leadership and direction to the overall project.
- Create a learning environment in which staff regularly reflect, learn from mistakes and use lessons for personal growth and to revise work plans to improve ministry impact.
- Ensure that staff and local partners understand and follow the World Vision (WV) child protection policy and that awareness-raising on child protection, response and incident reporting is occurring.
2. Project Management (Quality Implementation, Financial & Risk Management)
- Coordinate with Zonal Manager, programmes, sector leads, finance, and administration staff to ensure operational systems are in place to support field activities.
- Ensure that the program systems and staff are working to achieve the project goals and objectives and that the project is maintaining World Vision and donor accountability standards.
- Ensuring appropriate structures, internal and external standards, staffing, resources and policies as well as all grant requirements are adhered to.
- Ensure clear understanding of project assumptions by all project staff to aim at effective and timely achievement of project goals, outcomes and outputs.
- Ensure that all terms and conditions agreed in the signed MoUs with donor and government departments are adhered to throughout the life of the project.
- Manage and mitigate any risks within the Project that could have financial, Human Resources (HR) or Legal consequences or negatively impact ministry or World Vision reputation.
- Ensure that proper community development practices and “Do No Harm” practices are incorporated and upheld throughout the planning and implementation of the project.
- Support in the development of accurate and complete Bill of Quantities
- Prepare and submit procurement plan in close coordination with the team.
- In coordination with the PDQA, regularly monitor and track quality benchmarks and report these on a monthly basis.
- With support from WV Iraq’s Finance Department, assume primary responsibility for budget reviews and monthly financial reports, highlighting concerns as they arise.
- Ensure compliance with WV and donor financial policies and procedures and promoting a culture of transparency and accountability.
- Ensure proper coding and budget availability of all project expenses.
- Oversee the submission of monthly cash requests for project operations.
- Ensure contractors and creditors are paid in a timely manner.
- Review and approve expenditures and contract according to assigned levels of authority.
3. Personnel Management
- Manage direct reports and provide overall project leadership
- Coordinate and oversee the hiring process for project staff.
- Coordinate and implement new employee project orientations and trainings.
- Monitor staff performance and raise any issues with Human Resources if necessary.
- Initiate and perform, with support from others, staff performance appraisals.
- In coordination with P&C, maintain accurate employee data files and oversee completion of routine issues such as contract renewals, leave, salary adjustments.
- Develop the capacity of staff to plan, monitor and coordinate service delivery.
- Identify staff capacity needs and undertake pro-active on-the-job training to strengthen their capacity to deliver interventions.
4. Monitoring, Reporting and Administration
- Ensure accurate quality narrative and financial reports are submitted in a timely manner and according to donor requirements.
- Track and report against core quality bench marks for economic recovery, food security and livelihoods and disaster risk reduction.
- Track the performance of the project activities and outputs against expected results and adjust implementation processes to ensure the project is progressing towards the intended outcomes.
- Analyse the impact of project and promote learning by documentation of best-practices. Use this information to support decision-making processes.
- Track project progress, project expenditure against approved budgets, anticipate any deviations and recommend and take action on relevant and required adjustments.
- Track project risk in order to timely adjust and implement the existing contingency plan.
- Travel regularly to all project sites to ensure proper implementation of project activities.
- Create and present monthly summaries of project activities and future plans to World Vision Iraq leadership.
- Ensure that organizational security measures and directives are integrated into project.
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Over 5 years’ experience in grant project management. Strong generalist background essential, but technical sector expertise advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience working with UN projects in a leadership role
- Demonstrated experience in emergency response
- Over 5 years of development and/or relief work at the programmatic level.
- Experience in integrated program/project cycle management
- Experience living and working in a fragile context
- Mentoring within cross cultural contexts.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject (Agriculture, Business management, International Development, Natural Resource, Environmental Science etc).
- Relevant master’s degree would be an advantage.
- Experience managing and leading grant implementation, specifically UN grants, is highly advantageous.
- Demonstrated technical and professional aptitude in project management.
- Understanding of multi-sector project implementation essential i.e. a thorough understanding of key sector interventions at a programme/operational level.
- Advanced written and oral English skills i.e. the ability to express ideas clearly and effectively, both in spoken and written English.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
- Cross-cultural and gender sensitivity, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Self-starter who can work independently under pressure and who has ability to manage work tasks without direct supervision.
- Effective in establishing priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor activities, juggle competing demands and work to tight deadlines.
- Strong ability to work with and relate to diverse personality types, to practice relational and ideological tolerance, and to contribute to a positive organizational culture.
- Fluency in Local language.
- Working knowledge of English and ability to write reports in English.
- Up to 60 Per Cent domestic travel.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically as needed.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted