World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of PSS Animator - Kirkuk/Tooz
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The PSS Animator will be responsible for the implements structured PSS and PFA activities at the WACYS to create a learning environment that provides structure and safety for children, as well as contributing to the child’s emotional security and positive cognitive and physical development.
Provision of the structured and non-structured PSS and PFA activities in WACYS
· Prepare the respective activities plan for the day. Use appropriate PSS and recreational kits material, subjects, teaching methods, stationary and furniture for children and youth classes.
· Conduct the recreational activities in WAYCS using different materials provide for the activities.
· Ensure children participating in various activities are cared for and provided a protective environment for children in WAYCS.
· Support parents and care-givers by providing PSS/PFA services in the WAYCs.
· Ensure Children are categories in the different age groups
· Ensure the attendance of the children is taken daily and recorded properly into the database for the WAYCS.
· Refer children with protection difficulties to Psychologist / social workers for additional support.
· Report to project coordinator on daily/weekly trends observed, challenges and recommendations.
Capacity building and referral support
· Conduct consultation meeting with the Social Worker/Psychologist on children/youth progress.
· Identify and refer cases of children with distress or psychosocial support.
· Work with the health staff in the clinics to provide holistic support for children affected by stress and other problems.
· Participate and lead protection trainings with the project beneficiaries including children and parents/care-givers.
Parents Awareness and Education (Information support)
· Inform and sensitize parents on the importance on breastfeeding, personal hygiene and nutrition information.
· Refer cases of registration to the Social workers for further support
· Document and share any feedback provided by parents or beneficiaries about the delivered activities, and take actions to improve the education response
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· University degree in Early Childhood, psychology, Social science, public health etc. A diploma in any of the above academic course plus two years of experience are acceptable in lieu of the degree.
· Previous child friendly space experience is an asset and will be accepted
· Fluent in both English and Arabic (speaking and writing).
· Computer literate mainly in Microsoft Office package
· Excellent communication skills with children of different age groups and adults (staff and community members).
· Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
· Ability to work in difficult and high risk situations.
· Ability to cope and work under pressure.
· Well-organized, self-motivated and ability to work in a team.
· Familiar with Humanitarian Principles and standards.
· Familiar with sector minimum standards and guidelines such as INEE Minimum Standards; familiar with Kurdish and Iraqi education system and UN cluster system (high asset).
· Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
· Work experience with humanitarian agencies
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted