World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Project Officer – Mosul.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The project officer will be responsible for implementation of the livelihood project and act as an expert for the project. The individual will be responsible for providing technical and organizational support and overseeing the contextualization and implementation of interventions in. Liaises and works closely with beneficiaries, stakeholders and community members and carries out day-to-day implementation of livelihood, and training program. Deliverable project outcomes in compliance with Donor’s requirements. He/She will be represented as a local coach and ensure quality implementation of services.
Coordination and Project Implementation
- In coordination with project coordinator and guidance of technical advisors implement project activities in accordance with the project guidelines and targets
- Provide the project coordinator with continuous feedback on project activities conditions and all external factors that are likely to be relevant to it in the future; Spread the project identity and message into national stakeholders
- Facilitate training and workshop for producer groups to facilitate community discussions
- Support beneficiary selection for livelihood and ensure organizational and documental aspect of the beneficiary data
- Lead and facilitate sharing best practices within staff and stakeholders
- Provide technical input and coordination of events in the community on promoting equitable access to resources, under the guidance of Project Coordinator
Establish and strengthen producer groups in the community with value chain actors
- Together with producer groups, organize monthly stakeholders meeting to share the achievements.
Meet internal and external reporting requirements
- Submit weekly, monthly, annual activity report to project coordinator
- Based on the donor requirement, support project coordinator to submit required donor report
- Support project coordinator to submit information and report to Inter-agency WGs.
- Ensure project documentation system is updated
- The documents only need to be shared with the manager he/she will be reporting to.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Higher education
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners
- Excellent organizational, analytical
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders
- Fluency in Arabic, English languages
- Two years of experience working experience in Livelihoods programs.
- Good understanding of the local community and the context with a solid established relationship with Church leaders/faith leader.
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture with minimum of 4 years of work experience in livelihood and community level engagement for NGO is required.
- Knowledge in peace and conflict management
- Experience in training and facilitating workshops on financial literacy and technical capacity with agricultural restoration of the community topics.
- Experience in supervision of group or other project staffs who directly engage with community.
- Knowledge of the returnee profile in Ninewa.
- Ability and willingness to learn new things and support new initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure, efficient task prioritization and time management
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with the community
- Use reflective practice and promote its use for learning, Use critical thinking and analysis
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with partners
- Understanding of community mobilization and empowerment principles and approaches
- Excellent coordination skills
- Ability to engage in personal learning and development
- Practice in community development
- Training experience
- Experience of communicating with Government, Non-Government, organizations and other related area stakeholders.
- Management experience (especially managing the diverse team of staff/ volunteers).
Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
- 60-80% travel required