World Vision International is a Christian relief, development, and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of MHPSS Specialist – Erbil.
Purpose of Position:
To provide leadership and monitoring of Mental Health Staff in WV projects. Ensuring that there is proper management. Maintains accurate patient records and provides input to weekly and monthly reports. Participate in the smooth functioning of facility and outreach teams.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and technical guidance for WV’s MPHSS staff.
- Provide training (especially PM+) and other capacity building activities to ensure that WV MPHSS programing meet the required technical expectations/is in line with relevant programing guidance and therapeutic protocols.
- Conduct monitoring of MPHSS staff, including sampling cases and checking if the cases were managed as per relevant therapeutic protocols to assure quality management of mental health and related conditions.
- Establish and maintain a reporting system for MPHSS, ensuring that reporting in timely and technically accurate.
- Give technical input during project design, M&E assessment, (including research etc) so that the project meets technical expectations.
- Analysis and assessment of progress. Make sure that the objective of improved psychological wellbeing is achieved; provide solution to the difficulties during the project implementation such as COVID-19 related restrictions.
- Represent WV at different MPHSS Coordination forums such as the MPHSS, CP, GBV working groups and clusters
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Clinical Psychologist, Educational Psychologists, Psychiatrist or any health/Social science training with experience in MPHSS health.
- Certified ToT trainer on Problem Management Plus (PM+) for groups.
- Experience in MHPSS.
- Previous experience of NGO work.
- Experience working with IDPs, returnees and conflict affected persons
- Project Management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate flexibility, motivation, and maturity
- Willingness to work in basic conditions and travel if needed
- Good knowledge of quality standards and quality controls related to medical practice
- Knowledge of IASC MPHSS guidelines, MH GAP, PM+ and other MPHSS models.
- Fluency and local languages and English language.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 80% of the time.
Applicant Types Accepted:
- Local Applicants Only
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 23 July 2022.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.