To develop and implement a communication and community mobilization strategy, that will change community perception and increase uptake and utilization of MHPSS services by the target community. Support all partner community level MHPSS activities.
· Develop a communication and implement a communication strategy aimed at sharing information on MHPSS services.
· Develop and implement a community mobilization strategy with the grant implementing partner staff.
· Participate in the recruitment, training, supervision and management of community volunteers. Ensuring that community volunteers provide quality services and are motivated through the approved motivation approach.
· Develop a reporting system and maintain a data base of reports and beneficiaries reached out by community volunteers.
· Ensure volunteers are trained on CP, and that they sign the WV CP protection policy and adhere to the set standards
· Plan and support partner to conduct MHPSS sensitization at community level and at schools.
· Ensure there is active participation and community ownership of the project. Also work with HAP focal person to establish beneficiary feedback mechanisms and information provision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Degree in health promotion, public health, nursing, psychology, sociology or Development studies a requirement, experience in MPHSS and working with volunteers and asset.
· Experience in MHPSS.
· Previous experience of NGO work.
· Experience working with IDPs and conflict affected persons.
· Project Management
· Native Fluency in English and Arabic with permit to work in KRI
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate flexibility, motivation, and maturity
· Willingness to work in basic conditions and travel if needed.
· Good knowledge of quality standards and quality controls related to medical practice.
· Knowledge of IASC MPHSS guidelines, mHGAP, PM+ and other MPHSS models
· Experience in leading community volunteers.
· Experience in MHPSS programing
· Up to 70 Percent travel field and meetings (Nenewah and Erbil). The primary work station will be Erbil, however the project will be in Nenewah.
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.