Type of Contract: Full time, Employment Contract
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Role of the IT Officer:
The IT Officer provides support in diagnosing computer problems, monitor computer processing systems, install software and perform tests on computer equipment and programs. Also, IT Officer will be responsible to set up computer equipment, schedule maintenance and teach end users to use programs.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing technical system support to end users and responding to IT incidents and requests.
- Supporting and troubleshooting desktop client and server hardware and software issues
- Ensuring that IT systems are effectively protected while maintaining system availability
- Analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, software and networking issues
- Configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning and monitoring operating system software and hardware
- Performing system backups and recovery
- Performs the process of all employee laptop/desktop back-ups on monthly basis.
- Creates and maintains employee email accounts in accordance to SEED’s policies and procedures.
- Train employees on how to use Gmail, Google Calendar and Google Drive.
- Creates a network system for SEED’s Operations
- Directs the correct system and network administration actions during an event causing service outage
- Monitoring the operation applications and storage devices to ensure services are properly provisioned
- Confers with software systems engineering or applications programming personnel in the event that errors require a change of instructions or sequences of operations
- Proven experience as IT Officer or relevant position
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication ability
- At least three years’ experience in similar role
- Strong English language skills, with Kurdish and/or Arabic desirable
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field
- Certification as IT Officer will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, disability status, marital status and ethnicity.
- Work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Maintain a positive, cooperative attitude.