The In Clinic Health Educator (CHW) will be responsible for conducting community outreach and campaign promotion activities. They will mobilize beneficiaries and ensure that individuals are registered and that activities are run on a daily basis.
· Responsible for planning the daily promotion activities linked to a mobile or static clinic.
· Register the participants and produce beneficiary lists for any NFI distribution.
· Ensure that in line with the doctor’s recommendation and needs of the beneficiaries an appropriate awareness raising package is delivered.
· Provide health hygiene training to beneficiaries.
· Provide linkages to the health clinic and other related services
· Set up support and other educational groups for the participants
· Plan the daily and weekly sessions in conjunction with needs of the beneficiaries.
· Liaise with community leaders, house hold heads to ensure that all members of the community have access to promotion spaces and hold weekly/monthly meetings with leaders to share what messaging is being promoted to the community and the visible trends.
· Mobilize the community in activities
· Organize community based activities
· Provide feedback from the community to the health team.
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
· University certificate or equivalent job experience.
· Experience in training others in small groups and individual counselling.
· Fluency in Local languages (Arabic and Kurdish).
· Basic knowledge of health, hygiene, nutrition and WASH
· Good relationships with the community members
· Ability to work with diverse beneficiaries based on gender, age, religion, and ethnicity without discriminating.
· From the local area
· Attention to detail
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate flexibility, motivation, and maturity.
· Willingness to travel within the community and meet with different groups.
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.