PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide support in the development, planning, implementation and monitoring of WASH projects in KRI. The projects which are predominantly emergency response to the IDP crisis in Iraq involving the rehabilitation and construction of WASH facilities and hygiene promotion in camp and non-camp settings
- Manage local hygiene promoters in the camp
- Implement hygiene promotion activities in camp and non-camp settings
- Liaison with local Health team and hospitals on hygiene promotion strategies.
- Work closely with local leaders in the formation of WASH committees Day to day management of hygiene promoters from camp settings.
- Prepare daily progress reports outlining project activities.
- Monitor solid waste activities in the camp settings
- Conduct water quality testing for water truckers
- Test the cess pool levels
- Conduct WASH rapid needs assessments in the field.
- Prepare specifications and documentation for the procurement of key WASH related supplies.
- When required, assist in establishing and maintaining UN led coordination’s through WASH cluster for WASH interventions both at National and field level.
- Prepare project technical reports, and assist sector Manager in project proposals and periodic reports.
- Assist in facilitation of the promotion of WASH program impact on and potential for conflict between beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries, and adjust program accordingly
- Assist in undertaking of the capacity building of the various groups involved in projects, including Household Sanitation Committees, Water Committees, Community Hygiene Promoters, in aspects of Water Sanitation and Hygiene in an emergency humanitarian situation.
- Under take water quality (microbial, physical and chemical) analysis of treated water using potable water quality kit, as per water quality technical guidelines approved by the government/WHO and other donors.
- Coordinate and supervise implementation works including managing construction contracts.
Work quality outputs and budget controls
- Assist in establishing and oversight of implementation of systems for efficiently controlling the quality of technical works; closely tracking works progress against payment and work plans, and controlling the quality of the final construction outputs as per donor and user community expectations.
Coordination with local community groups/ Government Departments/ Other stake holders (Internal and External)
- When required, in collaboration with WASH Manager, Represent World Vision at interagency coordination - Representing the organization and actively participate in the WASH Cluster Meetings to review progress, as well as attending state level WASH Cluster meetings.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities to WASH Supervisor.
- When required and in collaboration with WASH Manager, Represent WVI KRI WASH projects on internal WV CoPs, working groups within Syria Response and outside.
Reporting and communication
- Ensure that project documentation is prepared, including weekly and monthly project reports as per requirements of World Vision
- Conduct regular development inspections highlighting potential areas of concern in behavior change
- Support WASH Manager in liaising with Finance and Grants team via Project’s Camp Manager in tracking WASH component project expenditure, reviewing financial reports, and addressing queries of related expenditure in timely manner.
- Other tasks as requested by the Line Manager and/or Response Manager.
Safety and Security responsibilities
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil / Environmental / Public Health Engineering.
- Master’s degree in above related fields are preferred
- Previous WASH in camp hygiene promotion
- Experience in behavior change activities
- Understands and have implemented water trucking and solid waste management and hygiene promotion methodologies in emergency settings
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in coalition building and ability to rally coalitions and networks to take positions on specific policy issues.
- Fluency in Arabic and Kurdish.
- Working knowledge of English and ability to write reports in English.
- 1-3 years of experience focused in the management of humanitarian programs involving rural communities to promote humanitarian response.
- Experience in project management and programming knowledge in WASH in addition to Livelihoods.
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted