To effectively co-ordinate the implementation of a food assistance project through digital skills training and professional support to vulnerable Syrian refugees, Internally Displaced Iraqis and host communities in Ninawa, Duhok and Erbil Governorates of Iraq.
The Project coordinator will work closely with project managers to ensure high quality management of our three educational centers and strong supervision of WV team leaders, ICT specialist, teachers and teachers assistant to ensure smooth implementation of the training sessions on a daily basis and a positive and productive learning environment, and finally put the students in link with the international and local markets.
The Project Coordinator will ensure that the teachers are following the agreed curriculum and also prepare and achieve the main goal by creating sustainable livelihood opportunities for vulnerable communities by transforming and making their skills “portable”, giving them access to the digital workplace and the future of work, as well as providing them with opportunities to generate income and improve household food security and ensuring compliance to Donor and World Vision requirements /guidelines and uphold commitment to beneficiary entitlement.
The holder of the position should have high management skills and able communicate World Vision’s ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
About EMPACT project: EMPACT project “empowerment in action” provides digital skills trainings taking people from having never touched a computer and also other experts to employable in the international digital economy and connect them to remote jobs through impact sourcing, online freelancing as well as local internships. The training is specifically geared towards the most in need who often have been out of school for many years, have low English skills and are daily struggling to survive.
The aim of the program:
- Jobs and active income generation
- Online jobs (transcend labor market barriers)
- Local community jobs
- Empower young people to achieve their goals (build resilience, confidence)
- Professional development (English, soft skills, CV, interview practice)
- Individualized coaching (encourage ownership over future, develop long-term goals)
Coordination and Management
- Able to Manage and monitor 3 educational centers in 3 different areas and lead all the activities
- Ensure the project activities implementation as per the project planning in co-operation with the Project Manager
- Perform monitoring for all project activities to ensure proper implementation.
- Attend and represent WVI at the coordination meetings (clusters and others) as agreed with the PM.
- Ensure liaison with other international and national NGOs, camp management, relevant local administration, companies and institutions for coordination and cooperation relevant sector.
- Support the PM with the management of budget expenditures for project activities as per WV standards.
- Keep abreast of all (potential) changes in the sector and ensure communication on this to the PM.
- Regularly update PM on the project’s progress and to timely inform about issues related to the project and propose solutions to further implementation.
- Preparation of the monthly and quarterly project reviews and follow-up of key actions with the support of the Project Manager
- Ensure programme compliance to Humanitarian Accountability standards.
- Ensure that all resources earmarked to target populations are properly handled, stored, transported, distributed, tracked, fully accounted for and reported on according to World Vision standard procedures and Donor policy.
- Visit target communities on regular basis to get their perceptions and experience so as to assist in planning and implementing relevant community-oriented programs.
- Facilitate the identification designing and implementing of appropriate training needs for district staff and target communities.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of the direct reports
- Develop staff planning
- Perform staff appraisal, promote staff capacity building by identifying support needs and report the suggestions to the Project Manager
- Keep a positive, flexible and dynamic work environment
- Leads capacity development with field staff to ensure competency levels, which allow staff to do their work accordingly.
- Work with the Project Managers to supervise and provide training for all the staff.
- Coordination and Collaboration
- Co-ordinate with other Agencies, Local Authorities and Government stakeholder, and private companies in the District and ensure that food voucher project is targeted to the appropriate target population (IDPs).
- To co-ordinate and foster relations with other World Vision Programs in the district to ensure proper allocation and sharing of resources.
- Participate in regular coordination meetings in WV and outside agencies including the donor.
- Ensure project sector documentation is up to date and audit compliant
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least Bachelor’s degree in IT, English, Business Administration, General Management, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in Education Management.
- Fluent in English, Arabic and/or Kurdish (speaking and writing).
- Effective in written and oral communication in English and Arabic/Kurdish.
- Computer aptitude and experience with word processors.
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work in a challenging situation (camp settings).
- Ability to cope and work under pressure.
- Well-organized, self-motivated, solution-oriented independent and ability to work in a team.
- Knowledge of commodities & logistics operations, specifically those that relate to distributions, handling, reporting, tracking, monitoring etc.
- Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Self-disciplined with good time management skills.
- The ability to produce clear and well organized documents.
- Proven planning, teamwork and managerial experience and skills.
- At least one-year experience in project management working with international organizations.
- Experience in Community Mobilization activities.
- Work experience with budget management and procurement procedures.
- Management experience (especially managing the diverse team of staff/ volunteers).