World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Economic Development Project Officer - Ninewa.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Economic Development project officer will be responsible for implementation of the Safe Return Project, Ninewa funded by Australian NGO Cooperation Program (ANCP). The individual will be responsible for providing day to day technical support and overseeing the implementation of livelihood interventions such as creating market linkages for MSMEs, promoting climate resilience, savings groups, peace building and social cohesion in Ninewa (different districts). The position holder will liaise and work closely with other stakeholders (government and private sector) and community members and carry out day-to-day management of community mobilizers, and training program.
The position holder will be responsible for delivering project outcomes in compliance with Donor’s requirements and livelihoods and economic development quality benchmarks.
Quality Project Implementation
Implement project activities in accordance with the project guidelines and targets.
Work closely with the other with the project manager to mitigate the project management and implementation challenges.
Carry out the daily field activities including but not limited to household assessment supervision, beneficiary selection, FGDs with communities, vendor selection and contracting, etc.
Carry out community capacity building activities on economic development interventions and reporting on the progress achieved and effectiveness of the activity.
Lead community mobilizers in providing mentorship to beneficiaries and other field level support to enhance the effectiveness of the intervention.
Capture and document important lessons from the activities on an ongoing basis to help the team to adapt its approach to improve delivery.
Coordination and Capacity Building of Beneficiaries:
Facilitate beneficiary training on economic development modules/models
Coordinate with line ministries or private sector to conduct training to project beneficiaries and identify market linkages.
Monitoring and Reporting
Regularly track project activities in coordination with MEAL Submit weekly/monthly report to the project manager/coordinator Based on the donor requirement, support project manager/coordinator to submit required donor report.
Planning and Budgeting
Support project manager to administer project budget to ensure accurate and timely budget spending
Follow up and coordination with other departments e.g. Procurement, Security, Finance, Fleet, PDQA etc.
Perform other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Three (3) years of experience working experience in livelihood and economic development programs,
- Field experience working with communities and liaising with government departments
- Higher education – Bachelors degree,
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners
- Excellent organizational, analytical and report writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders
- Fluency in Arabic, English and Kurdish languages
- Knowledge of the displaced population profile in Ninewa.
- Ability and willingness to learn new things and support new initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure, efficient task prioritization and time management
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with the community
- Use reflective practice and promote its use for learning, Use critical thinking and analysis
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with partners
- Understanding of community mobilization and empowerment principles and approaches
- Excellent coordination skills
- Ability to engage in personal learning and development Practice in community development
- Training experience
- Experience of communicating with Government, Non-Government, organizations and other related area stakeholders.
- The position is based in Ninewa
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 80% of the time.
- Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
- The position is preferred to be in Ninewa
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.