Facilitate transport and ensure efficient and safe use of the vehicles in compliance with local and national traffic regulations and World Vision standards and policies.
· Ensure transportation of people and goods to and from field of activities, projects or programs
· Clean vehicles on a daily basis or as required
· Perform vehicle safety check before any use
· Make sure vehicles have on board all required documents, the right equipment, adequate fuel and oil before any use, as required by World Vision standards and policies
· Ensure the logbook is correctly and consistently filled out as required by World Vision policies
· Report any vehicle dysfunction or failure, and request for service, repairs, fuel, oils, parts, etc. in a timely manner
· Ensure the safety of all passengers in vehicle while driving including the use of seatbelts by all passengers before any movement of vehicles.
· Make sure the vehicle is properly parked when not in use.
· Perform any other tasks as required by the Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
High school diploma.
At least 2 years’ experience driving with organizations.
Basic proficiency in oral English and full proficiency in written and oral in Arabic.
Maintain polite and good communication with colleagues and visitors at all times.
A valid driver’s license.
Good physical and mental health in order to perform adequately the corresponding duties.
Be flexible to work long hours beyond working hours.
Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Adherence to security protocols.
Basic vehicle mechanic skills.
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.