Community Mobilizer (Part Time) - Ninewa
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Community Mobilizer (Part Time) - Ninewa.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Community Mobilizer will monitor, support and deliver child protection and WASH activities in West Mosul. He/she is responsible for engaging with children and parents, as well as providing direct support to the implementation of Community based structures activities.
- Mobilize communities (leaders, parents, etc.) and disseminate information about the project to promote community support;
- Work with affected communities and establish close relationships with them to better respond to their needs;
- Support contextualization of tools for beneficiary identification and selection for protection activities;
- Mobilize communities for child protection activities and awareness raising activities/campaigns;
- Coordinate with the community stakeholders to sure that the needs are covered in timely and in line with world Vision quality benchmark;
- Organize and support implementation of WASH activities in the targeted locations;
- Conduct focus group discussion with community members to ensure strong community engagement;
- Ensure that relevant target groups are identified and sensitized of the project activities. Contribute to contextualizing community interventions using community based approaches and DO NO harm principle.
- Submit weekly, monthly, annual activity reports to PC.
- Open individual files for survivors, monitor the service provision, provide direct basic Psychosocial;
- Manage, fill, archive specific templates and data sheet for cases profiling, referral and weekly reporting ensuring confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness;
- Perform any other task assigned by line manager
- Participate in training and sensitization of beneficiaries on case management and other related trainings.
- Represent WV at district level NGO in CP meetings, coordination forums as needed;
- Perform any other duties as required by the Project coordinator/ or his/her line manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum diploma Certificate is required.
- A degree in relevant field is an added advantage.
- Relevant Experience in community mobilization and Community engagement is required.
- Strong understanding of Child protection in the community and demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of effected children and adult beneficiaries
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work in difficult and high risk situations
- Ability to cope and work under pressure
- Well-organized, self-motivated and ability to work in a team
- Familiar with Humanitarian Principles and standards
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, listening and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate willingness to learn and work with others as a team.
- Good knowledge and experience of Caseworker.
- Report writing skills and computer knowledge
- Good communication in English and local languages.
- Daily visit to the field
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/iraq/child- development/community-mobilizer-part-time-ninewa-/17716
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 22 September 2021.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.