World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Community Engagement and PVE Specialist – Erbil.
Purpose of Position:
Framework on Preventing Violent Extremism (PVE) identifies strategies for preventing violent extremism- focused on community-based preventions, de-radicalization, reintegration, and reconciliation including:
Capacity building and advocacy
- Provide technical and programmatic support in the development and implementation of integrated gender and inclusivity programming/activities for the PVE programme;
- Lead exchanges on topics related to the PVE community;
- Enable credible intermediaries to promote dialogue across lines of tension and convene and facilitate critical conversations between traditional or religious leaders, civic activities, artists, teachers, media anchors with legitimacy to mediate;
- Lead the substantive design and implementation of the programme in close coordination with the key partners of the programme
- Coordinate and strengthen the gender components of the PVE programme including women’s civil society organization engagement initiatives, and the development of integrated Gender/PVE activities.
Coordination and Ensuring facilitation of knowledge building and management:
- Identify key partners for programme initiatives around gender, youth and religious communities;
- Lead in the logistics, moderation and facilitation of training and events that focus on women, youth and religious leaders;
- Consolidate knowledge and best practices on PVE community-based prevention, de-radicalization, reintegration, and reconciliation efforts in target areas.
- Strengthen the relationships between individuals in groups, which can ensure collaboration, continuity and sustainability
- Develop curricula and learning and exchange of ideas and resources among target beneficiaries, mentors, external bodies and institutions with special focus on PVE issues;
- Coordinate with line ministries or private sector to conduct training to project beneficiaries and identify market linkages.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Achieve Results with proper planning and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively and be open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility by adapts to change, constructively handles reporting on time and accurate style
- Support project manager to administer project budget to ensure accurate and timely budget spending
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Previous experience delivering training.
- Knowledge of PVE (Preventing Violent Extremist), Civic Engagement, and Project Management.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Good computer skills (MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in Arabic and English (written and spoken).
- University degree in Social Sciences, Economics, Business Management from an accredited academic university or institute.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in monitoring, reporting activities simultaneously.
- Thorough understanding of the Iraqi civil society context and knowledge of recent political developments and social conditions
- Strong experience in conceptualizing activities related to youth-based programming and community inclusive interventions.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity.
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement, community mobilization and capacity building.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion, and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Fluency and local languages and English language.
- The position is based in Erbil
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 80% of the time.
- Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 23 July 2022.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.