PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To assist the Refugee Project coordinator for implementation in the Kurdish Region (including Kirkuk), ensuring compliance to Donor and World Vision requirements/guidelines and uphold commitment to beneficiary entitlement.
The holder of the position should communicate World Vision’s ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
1-Coordination and Management
- Ensure the project activities implementation as per the project planning in co-operation with the Project coordinator
- Perform monitoring for all project activities to ensure proper implementation.
- Support the PM with the management of budget expenditures for project activities as per WV standards.
- Regularly update PM on project’s progress and to timely inform about issues related to the project and propose solutions to further implementation.
- Assist the project coordinator for Preparation of the monthly and quarterly project reviews and follow-up of key actions with the support of the Project coordinator
- Ensure programme compliance to Humanitarian Accountability standards.
- Coordinating with project coordinator and Ensure that all resources earmarked to target populations are properly handled, stored, transported, distributed, tracked, fully accounted for and reported on according to World Vision standard procedures and Donor policy.
- Visit target communities on regular basis to get their perceptions and experience so as to assist in planning and implementing relevant community-oriented programs.
- Aid with the training of volunteers
- Follow-up with Faith Leaders to ensure their buy-in in the project
- Aid with workshop implementation for beneficiaries in Kirkuk, Duhok and Erbil
- Coordinate getting the volunteers and beneficiaries to the workshops; Organize and coordinate workshops (venue, food, seating configurations etc.)
3-Coordination and Collaboration
- Coordinate with Youth Empowerment Program, WFP and other projects so that the Celebrating Families model can be used for parents of all children beneficiaries eventually.
- Participate in regular coordination meetings in WV and outside agencies, including the donor representatives.
- Escalate problems and cases to social workers as necessary.
- Follow up with volunteers and their participation in every session
- Ensure project sector documentation is up to date and audit compliant.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
At least Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, General Management, or related field
Knowledge & Skills
Fluent in English and Arabic (speaking and writing)
Computer literate mainly in Microsoft Office package
Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity
Ability to work in a challenging situation (camp settings)
Ability to cope and work under pressure
Well-organized, self-motivated, solution oriented, independent and ability to work in a team
Knowledge of commodities & logistics operations, specifically those that relate to distributions, handling, reporting, tracking, monitoring etc.
Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
Self-disciplined with good time management skills
Experience in program management
Proven planning, team work and managerial skills
At least one-year experience in project management working with international organizations.
Effective in written and oral communication in English and Arabic
The ability to produce clear and well organized documents
Computer aptitude and experience with word processors
Ability to speak publically and assist with workshops in Arabic
Willingness to Travel about 30% within KRG territory
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted