Cash Monitor - Duhok
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Cash Monitor - Duhok
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To conduct monitoring of the cash disbursed to the targeted beneficiaries of the cash project, set up monitoring according to World Vision standard procedures and accurate documentation on cash distributions. The holder of the position should communicate World Vision’s ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Distribution and Monitoring
- Participate in community mobilization, verification, registration processes.
- Work with the Field Coordinator/ distribution team leaders on monthly distribution plans.
- Communicate with beneficiaries In order to inform them about any activities that need their physically present and approach WV.
- Ensure that all amount top upped and disbursed by the distribution team and the Money transfer agent to the beneficiaries is properly accounted for.
- Ensure that the entitlement are correct quantities for the planned beneficiaries.
- Assist any new families to be registered and verify by WV team to receive assistant.
- Coordinate with camp managers and beneficiaries to conduct SIM distribution. Activation and direct cash distribution for beneficiaries.
- Ensure that the cash entitlement are distributed to each beneficiary family and beneficiary must sign or thumb print next to their names on the receipts as proof that they received the cash.
- Complete required documents/forms related to cash project/prepare sim signature distribution list and verify signature list.
- Ensure proper accounting of all cash received and distributed at each center.
- Verify family’s documentation that required to be eligible to receive assistance.
- Educate beneficiaries and encourage them to count their entitlement and guide them to save their card and PIN code.
- Perform any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
- Prepare food monitors report with all beneficiary distribution lists should be match with the signatures
- Ensure the transactions by Money transfer agent to beneficiaries meet project objectives and WV standard.
- Assist the team leader and Project coordinator to achieve and conduct any tasks that required and ensuring standards at distribution sites are met.
- To co-ordinate and foster relations with beneficiaries other World Vision Programs in the district so as to ensure proper allocation and sharing of resources.
- Coordinate with all camp managers and local authority, authorized agent to arrange activates date to provide assistant to beneficiaries in time
- Participate in training and sensitization of beneficiaries on distribution and encourage them to use the entitlement for food need.
- Represent WV at district level NGO in food assistance/ Security, coordination forums as advised by project coordinator
- Arrange and Conduct FGDs as required to disseminate any key message to beneficiaries and have good relationship with community
- Perform any other duties as required by the Field coordinator/ Distribution Team leader or his/her line manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A minimum of a diploma.
- A degree in relevant field is an added advantage
- At least 1 years’ previous experience in a related field.
- Strong communication skills Verbal and written English/Arabic and Kurdish
- Good command of oral and written English, and local language is must.
- Computer literacy is an added advantage.
- Must demonstrate willingness to learn and work with others as a team.
- Ability to perform field assignments and willingness to travel for long period of time in difficult terrain, harsh and demanding conditions. Candidates should also be willing to live and work in very difficult and security-risk areas.
Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
- Office environment: typical field based
- Travel: Domestic travel is required.
- On call: During normal working hours unless there is an emergency.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/iraq/food- security-and-livelihood/cash-monitor-duhok/17589
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 9 September 2021.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.