Position Title: Wellsite Geologist
Line Manager: Operations Geologist
Location: Erbil, KRI
Genel Energy is an independent E&P company listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange Headquartered in London with offices in Ankara, Erbil, Morocco & Somaliland, Genel is one of the largest London-listed independent oil producers and is the largest holder of reserves and resources in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
The Company is steadily growing the business through the appraisal and development of our assets in the Kurdistan Region.
This KRI – office based role will report to the Operations Geologist in London and the drilling team in Erbil office for daily operational details.
Responsibilities / Duties:
• Assist drilling team in Erbil with geologic input as needed
• Supervise geological activities of the geological service companies
• Reviewing & QC daily DGR reports and EOWR and amended them as per company standards
• Daily follow up with rig / London office.
• Working as WSG in the rigsite upon London Ops Geo.
• Working closely with London Ops Geo team
• Evaluate offset wells for any potential drilling issue and address it to the team
• Ensure geology / drilling department is informed on potential drilling issue to optimize drilling program
• Evaluate and report service companies’ personnel’s capability and equipment’s compatibility as per contract by performing audit at the beginning of the job
• Reviewing and check labeling, packing and transportation of all geological cutting’s samples, Gas samples, and fluid samples collected during drilling operation
• coordinate MNR export sample approvals
• monitoring shipments & keep tracking samples in one document
• Remotely supervise MNR secondee’s at location and prepare the monthly timesheet for them.
• Visiting MNR if required for any geological clarification or update on our drilling operation.
• Shipping MNR cutting samples to their warehouse at the end of well as per MNR requirement
Skills and Qualifications:
The candidate shall have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in petroleum engineering or Geology.
• Master’s degree in petroleum engineering/geology will be preferable.
• 10 years minimum relevant oil field experience. This should include as a wellsite geologist at the rig site and as an office based Operations Geologist.
• Should be proficient in Excel / Word and other Microsoft programmes.
• MUST be proficient in Geo log drawing software.
• MUST be proficient in WellXP database and file sharing software.
• Beneficial to have used Service company software such as Schlumberger Interact etc.
• Cultural Fit – Align with Genel Energy Values of Integrity, Ingenuity, Accountability, Collaboration, and Respect.
• Focus on Results - Able to plan and organise work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
• Communications - Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills; Provides timely, well-organised oral and written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains and processes information.
• Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships, and collaboration with others, including those from different cultures and backgrounds; deals tactfully with others; helps with various team roles.
• Initiative and Innovation - Generates new ideas personally and encourages the team to do the same; stays up to date on technology and approaches to work; provides creative solutions and input when faced with challenges.
• Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal and external customers (employees and contractors / suppliers); ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
• Quality and Safety - Adheres to all safety and security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough, and efficient.
• Continuous Improvement - Examines personal and organisational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement, analyses successes and failures to learn and improve.
Interested candidates shall submit their application before December 15, 2021 via below link: