Genel Energy is an independent E&P company listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange. Headquartered in London with offices in Turkey, Kurdistan Region of Iraq "KRI," Morocco & Somaliland, Genel is one of the largest London-listed independent oil producers and is the largest reserve resource holder in KRI.
We are steadily growing our business through the appraisal and development of our assets in KRIand value-accretive acquisitions, building a high-impact exploration portfolio within the Middle East and Africa while expanding our Kurdistan footprint.
The Well Service Technician is an intermediate-level role based in our Erbil office with extensive period on the field to undertake and supervise well operations. The candidate will be reporting to the Senior Production and Operations Engineer (or one his delegates).
• Monitor and document the status of all wellhead equipment on wells in the Genel Energy KRI Assets
o Develop and execute wellhead preventative maintenance and repair programs
o Maintain Equipment Integrity Records
• Support field operations as required, under the direction of the Senior Production and Operations Engineer.
Under supervision, develop skills and experience to undertake the following roles:
• Plan and execute well intervention operations.
o Prepare intervention programs and cost estimates.
o Interact with Service Company personnel to develop programs, select equipment and schedule operations.
o Show strong HSE leadership during the well test planning and execution phases.
o Supervise well intervention operations at the well location. Direct work activities of the field and service personnel as required for each operation.
o Lead the wellsite operations team to ensure activities are safe, comply with regulatory requirements and Company directives as well as industry standards with minimal environmental impact / footprint and the operations conducted in an efficient manner with minimal downtime.
o Assists in the clean-up, repair, and preparation for a job.
o Track well intervention costs and expected spend vs invoiced services.
Key Responsibilities – (cont’d):
• Document intervention program results and maintain well history records.
o Assist in the completion of pre and post job equipment inspections and associated
paperwork and/or reports.
• Develop and maintain annual well intervention budgets & operations cost estimates.
o Manage actual vs forecast spend.
o Control expenditure actual vs planned and assist Accounts Payable team in cost control activities.
• As required, develop technical “scope of work” for contracting well intervention, wellhead maintenance and well integrity management services etc.
o Participate in technical and commercial evaluations if required.
• Assist with Completion Program development, and support Drilling & Completions personnel during new well completion design, equipment preparation and installation.
o Assist with completion sub assembly make-up and planning for well testing/well service activity during the rigless testing.
• Any other tasks as directed by the line manager.
• Demonstrate strong HSE leadership during the well intervention or wellhead maintenance planning and execution.
• Adhere to Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) procedures and guidelines, and other appropriate safety and service quality protocols and guidelines.
• Practices safe driving procedures when traveling to and from locations.Complete training as required following the Company's learning development system and processes.
Successful completion of Key Training required for the position:
• IWCF Well Intervention Pressure Control, Level 4 – Well Site Supervisor Training
• Wireline Operations and Techniques, (PetroKnowledge) or equivalent.
• Completion Design & Slick Line/Coiled Tubing Well Interventions Techniques,
(PetroKnowledge) or equivalent.
• Work-Over and Completion Operations, (PetroKnowledge) or equivalent.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Must have a technical qualification from a hydrocarbon related field, preferably to degree level.
• Intermediate Level with 3 to 5 years relevant experience in well operations
• Must have a general driving license
• Able to pass background, physical and drug screen
• Able to understand and carry out routine oral and written instructions in Kurdish and English
• Able to perform mathematical calculations to a level required for well intervention operations, e.g. calculation of kill weight fluid density, tubing/wireline stretch estimates.
• Able to accommodate a flexible work schedule, long workdays, and/or irregular work hours, be on-call with short notice and able to work outdoors exposed to extreme weather conditions and willing to work in field operations for extended period of time.
• Maintain effective working relationship with co-workers
• Cultural Fit – Align with Genel Values of Integrity, Ingenuity, Accountability, Collaboration, and Respect. Focus on Results - Able to plan and organise work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
• Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well-organised oral & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains and processes information.
• Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others, including those from different cultures and backgrounds; deals tactfully with others; helps with various team roles.
• Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally and encourages the team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
• Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers (employees and suppliers); ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
• Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient. Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organisational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement, analyses successes & failures to learn and improve.
Please submit your application via below link before May 30, 2022