The Women Space (WAYCS) Monitor will have the responsibility to run the women and young children space (WAYCS) on a daily basis and provide PSS to women and children. They will mobilize the women and ensure that women are registered and that activities are run on a daily basis. They will also work closely with the community MPHSS volunteers.
· Responsible for planning the daily promotion activities linked to a mobile or static clinic.
· Register the participants and produce beneficiary lists for any NFI distribution.
· Ensure that in line with the doctor’s recommendation and needs of the beneficiaries an appropriate awareness raising package is delivered.
· Provide health hygiene training to beneficiaries.
· Provide linkages to the health clinic and other related services
· Set up support and other educational groups for the participants
· Plan the daily and weekly sessions in conjunction with needs of the beneficiaries.
· Liaise with community leaders, house hold heads to ensure that all members of the community have access to promotion spaces and hold weekly/monthly meetings with leaders to share what messaging is being promoted to the community and the visible trends.
· Mobilize the community in activities
· Organize community based activities
· Provide feedback from the community to the health team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· University certificate or equivalent job experience.
· Experience in training others in small groups and individual counselling.
· Fluency in Local languages (Arabic and Kurdish).
· Basic knowledge of health, hygiene, nutrition and WASH
· Good relationships with the community members
· Ability to work with diverse beneficiaries based on gender, age, religion, and ethnicity without discriminating.
· From the local area
· Attention to detail
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate flexibility, motivation, and maturity.
· Willingness to travel within the community and meet with different groups
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.