PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide support in the development, planning, implementation and monitoring of WASH projects in KRI. The projects which are predominantly emergency response to the IDP crisis in Iraq involving the rehabilitation and construction of WASH facilities and hygiene promotion in camp and non-camp settings.
· Manage WASH team in the camp
· Supervise day to day operations and maintenance of the camp for activities such as water trucking, solid waste collection, desludging, testing of water and mobilizing camp daily workers
· Create BoQ and design and assist in tendering documents
· Review designs, specifications, BOQ and conditions of contract issued by Water Directorate and attend all site level meetings with Contractor and Water Directorate Engineers.
· Provide supervision, technical assistance and project management skills to local staff within operational areas of KRI in coordination with WASH Program Manager
· Coordinate, manage resources and implement WASH activities, including constructing and rehabilitating water supply and sanitation systems and promoting good hygiene practices to IDPs and host communities within operational areas
· Monitor and inspect private contractor work at vital construction milestones per project schedule
· Conduct WASH rapid needs assessments in the field.
· As a result of the assessments, assist with identification of specific project locations, design and implementation of appropriate WASH interventions with coordination with Sector Manager.
· Prepare specifications and documentation for the procurement of key WASH related supplies.
· When required, assist in establishing and maintaining UN led coordination’s through WASH cluster for WASH interventions both at National and field level.
· Prepare project technical reports, and assist sector Manager in project proposals and periodic reports.
· Assist in facilitation of the promotion of WASH program impact on and potential for conflict between beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries, and adjust program accordingly
· Develop design plans, working drawings, technical specifications, bill of quantities as per approved standards by the Ministry of Water Resources and Irrigation and the Ministry of Physical Infrastructure for all construction works outlined on the project designs for the said projects, including emergency sanitation facilities.
· Ensure that all WASH components are implemented as per the project papers and including: design, developing of bills of quantities for water supplies, emergency latrines, Emergency WASH NFIs etc., as per identified needs and within provisions of the project budget;
· Develop, negotiate and manage contracts with service providers (may include preparation of tender documents for purposes of soliciting bids/tenders from contractors for the said project.
· Assist in ensuring the close liaison and consultation with IDP Communities leaders during implementation of the WASH services as per project document requirement.
· Assist in undertaking of the capacity building of the various groups involved in projects, including Household Sanitation Committees, Water Committees, Community Hygiene Promoters, in aspects of Water Sanitation and Hygiene in an emergency humanitarian situation.
· Under take water quality (microbial, physical and chemical) analysis of treated water using potable water quality kit, as per water quality technical guidelines approved by the government/WHO and other donors.
1. Work quality outputs and budget controls
· Assist in establishing and oversight of implementation of systems for efficiently controlling the quality of technical works; closely tracking works progress against payment and work plans, and controlling the quality of the final construction outputs as per donor and user community expectations.
2. Coordination with local community groups/ Government Departments/ Other stake holders (Internal and External)
· When required, in collaboration with WASH Project Coordinator, Represent World Vision at interagency coordination - Representing the organization and actively participate in the WASH Cluster Meetings to review progress, as well as attending state level WASH Cluster meetings.
· Coordinate day-to-day operation and financial management of the construction works and re-measured all implemented works in the field in accordance with the approved project work plans and liaison with WASH Sector Manager.
· Support in Liaising with beneficiary community, WASH cluster and local authorities in the selection of project sites as per requirement of the project design.
· When required and in collaboration with WASH Manager, Represent WVI KRI WASH projects on internal WV CoPs, working groups within Syria Response and outside.
3. Reporting and communication
· Ensure that project documentation is prepared, including weekly and monthly project reports on implementation/ construction status, as per requirements of World Vision
· Conduct regular development inspections highlighting potential area of concern
· Support WASH Manager in liaising with Finance and Grants team via Project’s Camp Manager in tracking WASH component project expenditure, reviewing financial reports, and addressing queries of related expenditure in timely manner.
· Other tasks as requested by the Line Manager and/or Response Manager
- Safety and Security responsibilities
· Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture
· Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil / Environmental / Public Health Engineering.
· Master’s degree in above related fields are preferred.
· Previous WASH in camp management is very important
· Experience in designing and putting bill of quantities, WASH facilities like toilet, bathing cubicles, water supply lines and hygiene promotion for affected people
· Understands and have implemented water trucking and solid waste management and hygiene promotion methodologies in emergency settings
· Demonstrated experience in managing WASH grants is preferred.
· Experience in working on Bill of Quantities and design for water and sanitation facilities in particular in schools
· Experience of working with cross-functional teams.
· Experience in coalition building and ability to rally coalitions and networks to take positions on specific policy issues.
· Fluency in Arabic and Kurdish.
· Working knowledge of English and ability to write reports in English
· Successful track record in project coordination.
· Ability to manage a wide range of work assignments and changing priorities in high pressure and demanding environment
· Strategic, creative and innovative thinking.
· Demonstrated understanding of the NGO sector, public sector planning in MEER countries.
· Ability to work in high tension and high security risk situations and be able to adapt to rapidly changing contexts
· Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct and capability of incorporating standards in design, implementation and evaluation of relevant projects
· Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments, and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
· Ability to respect and relate appropriately to people of other faiths.
· Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
· Excellent time-management and prioritization
· 1-3 years of experience focused in the management of humanitarian programs involving rural communities to promote humanitarian response.
· Experience in project management and programming knowledge in WASH in addition to Livelihoods
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted