WASH Project Officer – Salah Al-Din
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of WASH Project Officer – Salah Al-Din.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide support in the development, planning, implementation and monitoring of WASH projects in Iraq –Salah Al-Din-Tooz District and to contribute to World Vision objective of improving health and wellbeing of beneficiary community through improving access to safe water and sanitation, and impacting good behaviour change in hygiene practices in Salah Al-Din-Tooz District. And to supervise construction works and help facilitate in formation and training of water committees with a view of improving accessibility to safe and sustainable water, and enhancing hygiene and sanitation practices in the project area.
WASH field activities supervision
- Supervision, implementing and monitoring of the field activities.
- Ensure the supply and availability of materials in the stocks and sites. And follow up, inspect and ensure project material are delivered as per specified measurements at field level in timely way, and make follow with the supervisor those not delivered as per requisition.
- Support Project Coordinator in the Procurement Request process.
- Support Project Coordinator in the follow-up of HR, financial and logistics aspects of the project.
- Ensure the collaboration with the local authorities in the intervention areas.
- Coordinate community mobilization and sensitization of community on WASH activities under the project.
- Liaise with beneficiary community and local authorities in the selection of project sites as per requirement of the project design.
- Monitor the site activities on daily basis and ensure that all the activities are implemented as per the project papers and requirements.
- Monitor progress of activities report all milestones and flag issues as soon as they arise.
- Participate in the regular meetings to review the quality and progress of the work. Prepare the required reports to the line manager ( WASH Project Coordinator) and feedback with accurate information.
- Assist in raising PRFs and tendering process for supplies and purchases
- Manage community outreach activities
- Prepare project reports, and assist coordinator in periodic reports.
- Facilitate the hygiene promotion and water conservation at Community level training, Community outreach messaging on Hygiene Promotion Hygiene promotion cascade & awareness, HH visits.
- Increase hygiene knowledge on Hygiene promotion and MHM in schools.
- Monitor the rehabilitation works in schools and rehabilitation of water supply systems
- Ensure the close liaison and consultation with Communities leaders during implementation of the WASH services as per project document requirement.
- Undertake capacity building of the various groups involved in projects, including WASH clubs , and teachers in schools, Water Committees, Community Hygiene Promoters and community mobilizers , in aspects of Water Sanitation and Hygiene.
Work quality outputs and budget controls
- Assist in establishing and oversight of implementation of systems for efficiently controlling the quality of technical works; closely tracking works progress against payment and work plans, and controlling the quality of the final construction outputs as per donor and user community expectations
Coordination with local community groups/ Government Departments / WASH cluster / Other stake
holders (Internal and External)
- Coordination with Directorate of Education (DoE) and Directorate of Water (DoW) as well as the schools headmasters and teachers to implement the awareness program (Water and Purity/Cleanliness) in the selected schools in Salah Al-Din-Tooz District.
- Coordination with local community groups/government departments, WASH cluster and other WASH partners.
- When required, in collaboration with WASH Project Coordinator, Represent World Vision at DoE and DoW.
Reporting and communication
- Ensure that project documentation is prepared, including weekly and monthly project reports on implementation/ construction status.
- Other tasks as requested by the Line Manager and/or Response Manager
- Safety and Security responsibilities
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree on Engineering.
- Experience in school and Household Mobilization and related fields are preferred.
- Working knowledge of English and ability to write reports in English.
- 1-3 years of experience focused in the management of humanitarian programs involving rural communities to promote humanitarian response.
- Experience in project management and programming knowledge in WASH in addition to Livelihoods.
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in coalition building and ability to rally coalitions and networks to take positions on specific policy issues.
- Past experience in working with the education sector
- Successful track record in project coordination.
- 1Ability to manage a wide range of work assignments and changing priorities in high pressure and demanding environment
- Strategic, creative and innovative thinking.
- Demonstrated understanding of the NGO sector, public sector planning in MEER countries.
- Ability to work in high tension and high security risk situations and be able to adapt to rapidly changing contexts
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct and capability of incorporating standards in design, implementation and evaluation of relevant projects
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments, and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
- Ability to respect and relate appropriately to people of other faiths.
- Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
- Excellent time-management and prioritization
Up to 60 Per Cent domestic travel.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/iraq/water- sanitation-and-health-wash/wash-project-officer-salah-al-din/17743
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 25 September 2021.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.