WASH Officer – Ninewa
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of WASH Officer - Ninewa.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide support in the development, planning, implementation and monitoring of WASH projects in Iraq –Nineveh and to contribute to World Vision objective of improving health and wellbeing of children through improving access to safe water and sanitation, and affecting good behavior change in hygiene practices in Nineveh (West Mosul) schools. In addition, training of WASH clubs in schools with a view of improving accessibility to safe and sustainable water, sanitation, and enhancing hygiene and sanitation practices in the project area.
WASH Field Activities Supervision
- Supervision, implementing and monitoring of the field activities.
- Ensure the design of IEC (Information, Education, and Communication) tools and the implementation of promotion activities within the communities and schools.
- Support the Project Coordinator in the Procurement Request process.
- Support the Project Coordinator in the follow-up of HR, financial and logistics aspects of the project.
- Ensure the collaboration with the local authorities in the intervention areas.
- Coordinate with schools management and sensitization of schoolteachers and children on WASH activities under the project.
- Liaise with beneficiary community and local authorities in the selection of project sites as per requirement of the project design.
- Monitor the site activities in schools on daily basis and ensure that all the activities are implemented as per the project papers and requirements.
- Monitor progress of activities report all milestones and flag issues as soon as they arise.
- Participate in the regular meetings to review the quality and progress of the work. Prepare the required reports to the line manager (Project Coordinator) and feedback with accurate information.
- Assist in raising PRFs and tendering process for supplies and purchases
- Manage community outreach activities if needed
- Prepare project reports, and assist coordinator in periodic reports.
- Facilitate the promotion of WASH program impact on child friendly WASH activities
- Ensure the close liaison and consultation with Communities leaders during implementation of the WASH services as per project document requirement.
- Undertake capacity building of the various groups involved in projects, including School teachers, WASH clubs in schools, Hygiene Promoters, in aspects of sustainable delivery of WASH services, safe water handling , water conservation , solid waste management, menstrual hygiene management, personal hygiene, and COVID-19
- Submit weekly, monthly, annual activity report to PC.
- Ensure that project documentation is prepared, including weekly and monthly project reports on implementation/ construction status and updating shared folders as per requirements of World Vision.
- Coordination with Directorate of Education (DoE) to implement the project activities in the selected schools in Nineveh Governorate – West Mosul.
- Coordination with local community groups/government departments.
- When required in collaboration with the Project Coordinator, Represent World Vision at DoE
- Represent WV at district level NGO in wash cluster meetings, coordination forums as advised by project coordinator or Project manager.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Project coordinator/ or his/her line manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Degree in relevant field is an added advantage.
- Fluency in Arabic and English.
- Working knowledge of English and ability to write reports in English.
- Experience in WASH in schools and related fields are preferred.
- Experience in hygiene activities and distribution mechanism.
- Successful track record in project coordination.
- Ability to manage a wide range of work assignments and changing priorities in high pressure and demanding environment
- Strategic, creative and innovative thinking.
- Demonstrated understanding of the NGO sector, public sector planning in MEER countries.
- Ability to work in high tension and high security risk situations and be able to adapt to rapidly changing contexts
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct and capability of incorporating standards in design, implementation and evaluation of relevant projects
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments, and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
- Ability to respect and relate appropriately to people of other faiths.
- Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
- Excellent time-management and prioritization
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in coalition building and ability to rally coalitions and networks to take positions on specific policy issues.
- Past experience in working with the WASH sector
- 1-3 years of experience focused in the management of humanitarian programs involving rural communities to promote humanitarian response.
- Experience in project management and programming knowledge in WASH
- Must demonstrate willingness to learn and work with others as a team.
- Good knowledge and experience of Caseworker.
- Report writing skills and computer knowledge
- Daily visit to the field
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/iraq/water- sanitation-and-health-wash/wash-officer-ninewa/17718
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified
for the interview. The deadline for application is 22 September 2021.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.