The waiter is responsible is responsible for delivering the food from the kitchen to a customer in the restaurant and ensuring that each customer receives the correct order. In addition, s/he needs to provide guests with outstanding customer service and actively help to improve their overall dining experience.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver food orders from the kitchen to customers’ tables rapidly and accurately. • Act as the contact point between Front of the House and Back of the House staff.
- Communicate food orders to chefs, paying attention to priorities and special requests (e.g. food allergies).
- Assist the wait staff with table setting by fetching and placing appropriate tableware, eating utensils and napkins.
- Serve welcome drinks for guests upon arrival.
- Ensure food is served in accordance with safety standards (e.g., proper temperature). • Remove dirty dishes and utensils.
- Ensure that the restaurant is always kept clean and organized, both at the front as well as the back of house areas.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
- Reports directly to the Restaurant Manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role (Hospitality Industry).
- Outstanding communication, superb multitasking and people skills.
- Ability to stay professional in a stressful work environment.
- Pleasant personality and client focused.
- Excellent guest service skill.
- Flexible working hours subject to the demands of the business.
- A true desire to exceed guest expectations in a fast-paced customer service environment. • Able to work under pressure.
- Capable of producing a consistent product in a timely manner.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary package will reflect experience levels and will depend on the candidate. • The above is a guide only and is subject to change.