About the project
Qudra 2 – Resilience for refugees, IDPs, returnees and host communities in response to the protracted Syrian and Iraqi crises” is a regional action co-financed by the EU Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis, the EU Madad Fund, the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID) seeking to strengthen resilience for Syrian refugees, IDPs, returnees and host communities in response to the protracted Syrian and Iraqi crises.
- Initiates, liaises and manages partnerships with relevant stakeholders from the public, private and non-governmental sector (Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, private companies, NGOs etc.) in the field of employment promotion and income generation
- Assists in general project planning and develops project concepts including preparation, organization and facilitation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation
- Coordinates relevant project activities in cooperation with partners, both in terms of implementation and preparation of organizational aspects
- Supports and monitors the strategic development and implementation of project plans and activities in close coordination with partners
- Contributes to the preparation and implementation of the coordination process, joint project activities and work at different levels of project intervention
- Assessing proposals from project partners according to GIZ standards particularly regarding their respect for the needs of target groups and their development-based approach
- Manages financing contracts with implementation partners
- Engages in the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on topics related to the project’s field of activities
- Develops and organizes quality assurance activities and proposes necessary changes, improvements, and initiatives
- Ensures knowledge transfer for project information
- Drawing up reports and project presentations
- Monitoring & Evaluation of project activities with a focus of employment and income generation of trainees
- Assists with research activities and studies
- Contributes to Qudra regional exchange formats among the countries Iraq, Turkey, Lebabon and Jordan
- Handles order management on behalf of the project (e.g. bid preparation, impact monitoring, project progress monitoring, reporting)
- BSc/MSc in education, social sciences, political sciences or an area that is related to employment promotion and vocational training.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position in the fields of migration, livelihood & income generation, M&E or other fields related to the position
- Experience in stakeholder management (government, NGOs).
- Strong organisational skills with attention to details and deadlines regarding effective implementation, planning, monitoring and evaluation of a project activities.
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English and Kurdish; working knowledge of Arabic and German is an asset.
- Diplomatic approaches and cultural sensibility are a prerequisite.
- Self-reliant, proactive and responsible personality; willingness to assume additional responsibilities and develop new activities.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Tasks require constructive creative thinking, sometimes also conceptual initiative.
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Ability and willingness to travel within Iraq including the liberated areas and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
- Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible to different working modes such as mobile working.
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (EBL-Qudra022-068) Vocational Training and Labour Market Advisor
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered