GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Based in Baghdad, under the line management of the Victim Assistance and Risk Education Project Manager, the Victim Assistance (VA) Project Officer is responsible for assisting the Project Manager in running VA - including physical rehabilitation and/or PSS - activities in the governorate of Diyala and Anbar
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
1. Implementation of VA activities
- Organize, coordinate and supervise HI VA activities
- Ensure the implementation of the VA activities according to the objectives defined in the project
- Ensure that the methodology used answers the needs and is adapted to the context
- Propose and adapt new methodology of intervention in coordination with the PM in coordination with Physical Rehabilitation and Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Technical Advisors;
- Participate to operational strategic workshops
2. Organize, coordinate and supervise the HI team under your management
- Create the weekly planning of HI teams and manage their daily activities and movements to the field
- Ensure the team is carrying out high standard activities
- Identify, document and report on technical and operational challenges and issues to improve
- Ensure coordination with the other project team members and within the other departments (MEAL, Support, Security).
- Organize team meetings for supervision of cases and information sharing as well as sharing minutes
- Identify any training needs of the field teams and relay these needs to the PM and the Technical Advisors
- Guarantee the fulfillment of attendance sheets, leave requests, travel allowance forms, etc. in a timely manner and according to HR procedures
- Undertake the team’s appraisals and fill the appropriate forms according to HR procedures
3. Ensure monitoring and reporting of activities according to the system in place
- - Ensure all field teams are making appropriate records of their activities and link this information with the data/monitoring in a timely manner
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting to the PM in order to answer to the program needs
- Support the team in completing correctly all the required reporting tasks (statistics, field activity reports, etc.)
- Guarantee consistency of the project’s archive
4. Liaise with local stakeholders, authorities upon request of the PM
- At field level, meet on regular basis the different stakeholders (local associations, authorities, etc.) when requested
- Attend relevant working groups and clusters in Baghdad, Diyala and Anbar
- Create and maintain a network in the area of operation
5. Support Services
- Draft Purchase Request, ensuring compliance with logistics procedure (and stock follow-up, donation/transportation process) as necessary
- Contribute to drafting of procurement/supply plans, operational financial planning and follow-up.
- Ensure proper HR management of your team.
6. Other tasks
- - Support the Project Manager in conducting whenever requested
- Translation of documents related to the project between English-Arabic
- To demonstrate an ethic and professional practice
- Respect beneficiary confidentiality
- Address needs and requests in a professional way
- Demonstrate willingness to improve professional competences and abilities to increase care
- Demonstrate motivation at work
- Demonstrate willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating actively in any training sessions and capacity building activities
- Respect each team member’s positions, work, and specialty
- Adapt to special situations or demands from supervisor
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
Line management: Victim Assistance and Risk Education Project Manager
Management: Yes (Physiotherapists, psychosocial support workers, social workers)
Collaboration with: Database Officer, Referral Focal Point Officer, Logistics Officer, HR officer, Finance Officer, Rehabilitation Technical Advisor, MHPSS Technical Advisor.
- Education: University degree in social work, physiotherapy, psychology or a related field
- Languages: Excellent Arabic and English mandatory (oral and written)
- Minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience.
- Previous experience with international or local NGOs.
- Previous experience in team and/or project management
- Previous experience in social work
Know-how (practices) & Interpersonal skills (attitudes)
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Team management
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Result oriented, attention to details and larger overview, multi-tasking
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and humanitarian values
The working hours are the following:
Sunday till Thursday, from 8.00 to 17.00 with 60 minutes lunch break. The work duration is fixed but the working hours can vary according to the planning of activities. It can be exceptionally requested to work on Friday or Saturday. In that case a day off is planned between Sunday and Thursday during the previous or following week.
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager. In that case the overtime will be considered as recovery time to be planned by the line manager in the next days.
The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
v Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
v Internal regulation (IR)
v Child protection policy (CPP)
v Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
v Antifraud and bribery
v Code of Conduct (CoC)
How to apply:
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter so as to reach on or before
16th Aug 2020
Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be
Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically.
Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference:
Ref: HI-IRQ -BGD-VAPO–518
Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the
Subject line of your e-mail
Please address all applications to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted