Ta’afi is a United States Agency for International Development Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) program implemented by Chemonics International in Iraq. ICRI-Ta’afi aims to increase stability in Iraq by improving conditions that allow for durable returns in areas liberated from ISIS while mitigating discrete emergent challenges that threaten overall stability.
Long-term Professional, Cooperating Country National
S/he will report to the Program Compliance Manager. This position is based in Erbil, Iraq
- In coordination with program team, will compile, review, and submit requests for processing. Responsible for checking back up documentation to ensure accuracy, and completeness of the partner information form, before submitting to the vetting unit
- Ensure that submissions are processed in a timely manner
- Manage submissions from other departments by maintaining both the master tracker as well as the individual trackers per grant activity
- Ensure thorough record keeping by performing periodic reviews of the vetting files.
- Ensure changes to vetting processes, templates, or products are implemented consistently
- As required, provide surge support on grants compliance related tasks such as updating the trackers, extracting database reports to follow up with the teams on the grant activity timelines, tracking and preview of the grant activity close out under the supervision of the Deputy Program Compliance Manager
- Perform other tasks as assigned by his/her supervisor or designee
- Strong management and administrative skills
- Minimum one-year relevant administrative work experience preferred
- Strong administrative skills, word processing abilities, and a very high level of attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-moving team
- Ability to prioritize and carry out assignments to timely completion and adhere to prescribe routines and practices
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision on work progress, and make significant contribution to end results
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem- solving and initiative to learn new skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, professional judgment that communicates the established message of the program
- Working proficiency in office computer applications, including MS Word, and Excel
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic and English is required; written and oral fluency in Kurdish, and other local languages is a plus, but not required
Equal employment opportunities:
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
- Contract period: 12 Months with possibility of extension
- Salary: The salary of this position falls under band FSN-06
- The selected candidates will be vetted.
Chemonics Iraq offers a fair, competitive, and transparent recruitment process. We are promoting the health and well-being of our staff and their loved ones. We are just as committed to creating an environment that encourages professional learning and growth. Our benefits include:
- Health insurance for its full-time fixed-term employees and their dependents (spouse and children) at no additional cost. The health insurance Chemonics provides is an exclusive package with wide network in different cities within Iraq. The employees and their dependents can visit hospitals and receive treatments with no payment.
- Life insurance for the employee at no additional cost
- Resilience Support Program at no additional cost
- Annual professional development fund for approved trainings for each employee.
- Online platforms for language and technical skills development (Mango Languages and Degreed)
- Contribution to Social Security scheme.
Due to high number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications are
due by 14 November 2021.
To apply, please submit your application through this link only