Company Description: Our Company is a local general contracting, general trading, and logistics company in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
The Vehicle & Heavy Machinery Procurement Specialist reporting to the Procurement Manager; will be responsible for conducting rental or purchase process for motor vehicles, heavy machines, and equipment, from preparing RFP, and RFQ to purchase order or service contract execution, identifying new vendors inside and outside of Iraq, maintaining a database of current suppliers, supporting the pre-qualification process and monitoring supplier performance. The Specialist will work closely with key suppliers that support the overall strategic objectives of the company and ensures reliable and continuous support and supply of materials to the new and ongoing projects.
Moreover, the individual will be responsible for implementing Strategic Sourcing objectives to ensure consistent quality of material and services and timely delivery, price savings, risk mitigation, and overall supply chain improvements for the company. The individual should possess a track record of successful relationship management, strong business, and analytical acumen, and experience working alone and in teams. The individual must have great communication and negotiation skills.
- Responsible for engaging with key suppliers, and making new relationships with suppliers inside and outside of Iraq who have the capacity of providing vehicles, heavy machinery, parts, and heavy equipment, and rental, ensuring high availability and quality at the lowest possible total cost to the company.
- Support commercial negotiations for equipment supply, vehicle supply, machinery supply agreements, project-specific orders, change orders, etc. with key suppliers in accordance with company policies and guidelines.
- Assist with quality assurance of the procured goods, e.g. inspections of production sites, pre-delivery inspections, assurance of compliance with regulatory requirements and client specifications, pre-qualification processes of suppliers, etc.
- Conceptualize, elaborate, and implement procurement and contract strategy including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, evaluation and negotiation of offers, administration of the contract and the performance management of the contractors, legal considerations and payment conditions as well as risk assessment.
- Conduct market research to keep abreast of market developments; research and analyze statistical data and market reports on the situation, production patterns and availability of goods and services within the category of motor vehicles and heavy machinery and equipment;
- Continually identify and implement new ideas and opportunities for cost savings, and cost avoidance and proactively track these objectives.
- Assist Procurement Manager in leading and responding to critical supply chain issues and provide contingency solutions to mitigate supply chain risk or logistics disruptions for inbound and outbound logistics.
- Evaluate vendor performance and develop improvement processes based on lessons learned; ∙ Perform other duties as assigned to support the success of the department and company.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Requirement & Qualifications
- Trustworthy is the most important value for us.
- Networking ability, and having contact and relationship with a good amount of vendors and suppliers inside and outside Iraq.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline: Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Project Management
- 3-5 years of experience in Procurement or Supply Chain, at least two years should come from heavy machinery and equipment, vehicle and rental.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast pace, professional, team environment with minimal supervision ∙ Advanced knowledge of contracting principles and practices, methods, and procedures used in a competitive procurement, including value analysis and source selection techniques.
- Professional communication and negotiation skills.
- Advance computer skills, including experience in ERP systems.
- Speaks Kurdish and English, Arabic is a plus.
Note: both genders have equal chances, gender will not be the basis, nor even a factor of selection.