CALL FOR LETTER OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR AGRICULRTURAL VALUE CHAIN ANALYSES FOR THE RESTORATION OF PEACE, LIVELIHOODS AND ECONOMIC CYCLES IN ANBAR (RePLECA) PROGRAMME, GIZ IRAQ
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, The Restoration of Peace, Livelihoods and Economic Cycles in Anbar (RePLECA) Programme, is requesting services from consultancy firms to conduct detailed value chain analyses for agricultural products in Anbar Governorate.
Tasks to be performed by the contractor:
The contractor is responsible for collecting the necessary primary and secondary data needed to analyze the potential for value creation along four to six crops farmed by smallholders, processed by the agri-food industry and sold on markets or in the hospitality industry.
For each of the value chains to be analyzed, the contractor will perform the following tasks:
- 1Data collection
- Mapping and Structural Analysis
- Value chain mapping with a visual representation of the value chain system.
- Structural analysis of an agricultural value chain that considers the role of the crop as well within the whole (small-scale) farming system.
- Economic Analysis:
- Indicating market prices, quantifying the volume of produce and the market shares of particular segments in the chain. The data are used to determine the value added along the stages.
- Chain competitiveness: the cost of production and marketing, and the gross margin of the value chain at farmers` level.
- Market analysis of national, regional and international markets (qualitative and quantitative description of demand for the product) and the expected demand in the coming years.
- Environmental Analysis
- construction of an impact matrix that allows identifying impacts of the chain on the environment and, vice versa, the impact of environmental degradation and climate change on the value chain.
- Social, gender and poverty analysis
- focus on vulnerable groups in and around the value chain, in particular poor self- employed entrepreneurs, poor wage workers and ’poverty markets’ that are important for poor consumers.
- Policy Framework
- Analysis of political, organizational and legal framework conditions and of existing support services (such as research organizations) in order to identify major bottlenecks or leverages for sustainable value chain promotion.
All tasks will be closely coordinated with the GIZ team.
The approximate set of criteria are the following:
• The service provider should have experience in market research and primary data collection in Anbar Governorate, Iraq.
• The service provider should have at least 5 years of experience in offering consulting services within the field of agricultural production and value chain development.
• Experience with humanitarian or development organizations is an advantage.
• Familiarity with the ValueLinks methodology is an advantage
• The service provider is required to have the capacity to produce the final report in English language
Interested companies, and consultancy firms are kindly requested to express their interest for the above-mentioned services, to send a Letter of Interest with following documents: For Companies, and Consultancy firms:
1. Introduction of the firm and the company. This can be through providing its Profile.
2. Provide references of similar services.
3. Provide the copies of original documents defining the constitution or legal status, place of registration (Company Certificate), all documents should be updated.
4. Provide a letter directed to GIZ exploring the interest to work with GIZ for above mentioned services.
5. Provide CVs of the employees at the firm.
6. At least three References
7. Bank data with all details from a local bank (Bank Name, Account Holder, IBAN, account number).
Interested companies must submit the above requirement via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the
email subject name ‘’ RePLECA – Value Chain Analysis‘’.
The deadline for submission is:
14:00 PM Baghdad Time