Global Rights Compliance (GRC) is seeking a full-time translator to join its team for the project titled “Advancing International Accountability for ISIS Atrocities through Evidence Analysis in Iraq”.
The focus of the job is to provide direct translation support to a senior analyst (based in Duhok) and to the project lead/senior legal advisor (remotely based). This will involve translation of legal briefs and memoranda, forensic, training and other materials from English to Arabic and vice versa. The translator will also assist with simultaneous translation during meetings, trainings and as otherwise requested.
The main goals of the project are to enhance the capacity of stakeholders in Duhok to integrate international law standards in efforts to deal with international crimes and to organise, process and mobilise evidence of international crimes.
Qualifications and background:
The following qualification are required:
- At least two years of of experience in translating written briefs and documents from English to Arabic and vice versa;
- Respect for confidentiality;
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills and attention to detail;
- Arabic and English fluency (reading, writing, speaking);
- Willingness to base in
The following qualifications are preferred:
- University education/degree in interpretation or translation;
- Experience in legal translation and knowledge of legal terminology;
- Experience in simultaneous
- Experience working within international tribunals and/or international legal accountability mechanisms;
The job will be based in Duhok, Iraq. GRC offers competitive consultancy fees.
To apply, please send a cover letter indicating how your profile matches meets the required and preferred qualifications listed above, as well as a CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Translator Duhok.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Deadline for Application is 19 June 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Global Rights Compliance is an international group of lawyers specialising in international humanitarian law and human rights issues. For more information on GRC, visit www.globalrightscompliance.com.