Position Title: Training & Development Coordinator
Line Manager: HR Lead
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq
Genel Energy is an independent E&P company listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange. Headquartered in London with offices in Turkey, Kurdistan Region of Iraq & KRI & Morocco & Somaliland, Genel is one of the largest London-listed independent oil producers and is the largest reserve resource holder in KRI.
We are steadily growing our business through the appraisal and development of our assets in KRI and value-accretive acquisitions, building a high-impact exploration portfolio within the Middle East and Africa while expanding our Kurdistan footprint.
The Training & Development Coordinator will ensure that the design, implementation, and monitoring of a comprehensive Competency Management System (CMS) for Genel Energy in KRI aligns with appropriate technical and regulatory guidelines and meets high-quality standards. The position provides technical oversight and support to Genel's operation and HSE staff as needed. The position plays a crucial role in ensuring the harmonisation of best practices across geographical areas and synergies across different functions. In addition, the position develops and delivers training and capacity building to the national staff as needed, including:
1. Technical and quality support in the design, implementation and monitoring of CMS activities and strategies;
2. Lead the review and development processes of curriculums, materials and technical tools;
3. Oversee content and coordination of training, workshops and competency development plans for national staff;
The position will be based in the Erbil office and involves daily/weekly visits and overnight stays in Genel's operational areas throughout the region as needed. Key working relationships:
- Position Reports to: HR Lead
- Position directly supervises: N/A
- Internal contacts: Operations Manager, HSE Manager, Drilling Manager, Production Manager, Facilities Engineering Manager, Lead Process Safety Manager, Lead Civil Engineer
- External contacts: local and international universities, training providers and consultants
- Assist operations supervisors and management in the ongoing assessments of operational personnel.
- Ensure training and developing national staff through a structured professional development program.
- Develop training needs and specifications as a result of the assessments carried out through the CMS.
- Continuously monitor competency and report periodically on the progress.
- Further develop the CMS to enhance its scope and capability in the spirit of continuous improvement due to feedback and operational experience gained from ongoing assessments.
- Evaluate training and competency needs when new policies and procedures are put in place.
- Research and source training as required for defined topics.
- Ensure that after the assigned period, all supervisors and management personnel are knowledgeable and confident in the operation of the CMS and capable of obtaining the full benefits of the system.
- Bachelor in engineering, social sciences, statistics, demography or related field with knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation;
- Training in Information technology, monitoring and evaluation and database management;
- Ability to use Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, Access and statistical analytical packages;
- Ability to work to deadlines and attention to details;
- Minimum five years' experience in a similar role.
- Finding assembling and analysing verbal and numerical data;
- Dissemination of information in a way that is accessible and manageable
- Experience in working effectively in a diverse team
- Training in and understanding of organisational compliance with Data Protection.
- Excellent communication
- Time management/ability to prioritize
- Excellent information technology skills including database programming and reporting
- Advanced excel skills Desirable
- Cultural Fit – Align with Genel Values of Integrity, Ingenuity, Accountability, Collaboration, and Respect. Focus on Results - Able to plan and organise work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
- Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well-organised oral & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains and processes information.
- Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others, including those from different cultures and backgrounds; deals tactfully with others; helps with various team roles.
- Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally and encourages the team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
- Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers (employees and suppliers); ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
- Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient. Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organisational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement, analyses successes & failures to learn and improve.