SCOPE OF WORK
IRAQ GOVERNANCE AND PERFORMANCE ACCOUNTABILITY
PROJECT (IGPA) PROGRAM OFFICER – BAGHDAD
Nov 8, 2021
Nov 21, 2021
The purpose of the Iraq Governance and Performance Accountability (IGPA) project is to advance effective, accountable, and transparent governance in Iraq. This USAID effort, implemented by DAI, will work with the Government of Iraq (GOI) at all levels to better respond to citizen needs by supporting reform initiatives and Iraqi change agents on inclusive governance and public sector transparency, accountability, and economy. “Reform initiatives” includes support to improve service delivery functions, public financial management, and open government initiatives. IGPA will support the GOI and the citizens of Iraq in forming partnerships and collaborative efforts to solve problems jointly. IGPA has four (4) objectives:
1. Enhance GOI service delivery capacity
2. Improve public financial management
3. Strengthen monitoring and oversight of service delivery and public expenditure
4. Support Iraqi change agents (cross-cutting objective) Purpose:
The Program officer will undertake a wide range of support tasks, including but not limited to those stipulated below:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists team lead in the developing and tracking activity SOWs.
- Assists the TO 6 team track implementation of program activities.
- Assist the team in the development of an action plan which shows the progress of implementation to project senior management.
- Assist the team to keep the project database (TAMIS) up to date.
- Support TO6 Team in the compilation of project-related documents, letters from Iraqi counterparts, and implementing partners
- Ensure that indicator verification documents are provided on time.
- Translate and/or draft routine correspondence related to the program activities.
- Work with senior program manager to track STTA onboarding.
- Assists in tracking and verifying STTAs/vendor deliverables.
- Assist in the TAMIS activity closeout phase.
- Assist reviewing the pre-post test and make sure that the questions are reflect change in knowledge.
- Work with the TO6 team to highlight subjects that can serve as potential success stories.
- Ensures that all the requirements are met for any virtual training, workshop or meeting.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor
- Uphold the mission, values, and spirit of DAI in coordinating the program and in interacting with all community members.
- Follow and enforce all DAI codes of conduct, including but not limited to the Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct and Drug and Alcohol Policy. Report any violations to appropriate IGPA authority and participate in preventative initiatives.
- Follow and enforce all DAI organizational policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to personnel, security, communications, finance, procurement, and logistics. Report any violations to appropriate DAI authority.
- Actively seek opportunities that will complement ability to fulfill position’s responsibilities as well as further professional development, such as taking part in internal and external trainings and participating on relevant advisory boards.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- 1 - 5 years of project management experience
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) preferred
- Experience with USAID-funded projects preferred
- Accuracy in working with large amounts of data
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills as well as exceptional customer relations (both internally & externally)
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Excellent communications and personnel management skills and ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and of different multi- cultural backgrounds.
How to apply:
You can address your application to: IGPArecruitment@dai.com Your application will not be taken into consideration if you do not insert the position title in subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. This
position is for Iraqi nationals only.