About the Project
The Regional Project “MHPSS in the Middle East” works on knowledge management in the field of Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in the Middle Eastern region, covering the project countries Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey. Main focus of the project is on (1) compiling and systematizing (local) knowledge on MHPSS, (2) developing and piloting intervention approaches in the field of MHPSS and evaluating them to extract lessons learnt and recommendations from the processes, (3) providing trainings and sensitization workshops to MHPSS-practitioners and professionals from related fields in development cooperation and offering MHPSS-related policy advice to governmental actors, (4) bringing MHPSS actors together in (regional and local) exchange fora, conferences and expert exchanges. By doing so, the project aims at strengthening MHPSS structurally and promoting exchange and knowledge sharing between MHPSS-actors in the region.
Your tasks Working in a tandem with a colleague based in Germany, the successful candidate
- Keeps oversight and follows up on the implementation through partners, assures quality control of all outputs under his/ her responsibility
- Advises project partners in Iraq on technical issues related to MHPSS and supports GIZ-projects of other sectors in the integration of MHPSS into their project activities
- Prepares MHPSS material on the project’s activities in Iraq for internal and external use
- Coordinates regular meetings, exchange formats, workshops, seminars, etc. with project partners and assists in identifying potential partners and stakeholders for future cooperation
- Develops capacity development plans together with project partners, recruits and accompanies consultants and assures quality control of the capacity development measures
- Represents the project in round tables, technical working group meetings, stakeholder meetings and other networking events
- Supports all communication related to work of the project, including the preparation of factsheets, inputs to specific knowledge management tools, websites, presentations etc. and assists with translations to and from Arabic / Kurdish
- Liaises on a regular basis with the project leader and team members in other countries
- University degree in Psychology
- At least 4 years of experience of working with an International NGO or large local NGO
- Experience in the fields of family-based psychosocial support and/ or suicide prevention would be an asset
- Work experience in cooperating with governmental and civil society actors (preferably in Iraq)
- Proven practical experience in conference and workshop organization and facilitation
- Experience in the elaboration and publication of reports/ articles/ manuals on MHPSS
- Work experience as MHPSS trainer or supervisor would be an asset
- Good knowledge of the MHPSS actor landscape in Iraq
- Excellent knowledge of the political and legal characteristics of the Iraqi context, particularly with regard to KRI: legal structures and frameworks, refugee rights, current crisis situation, challenges refugees and IDPs face etc.
- Ability to work in a remote context with a team that is spread out over 5 countries
Important notes for your application
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (EBL-MHPSS22-089) Technical MHPSS Advisor Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
GIZ templates for applications