JOB PURPOSE :
The Team Leader-Legal Protection Team is responsible for supervising effective protection responses for legal needs of beneficiaries, including civil documentation issues and legal counselling. The Team Leader will work with diverse communities including but not limited to persons with specific needs, IDPs, returnees, and persons with specialized protection concerns in Ninewa governorate. The position holder will primarily be responsible for implementing HA Legal Protection activities in Mosul and provides support to the Legal Protection programming in Ninewa Governorate based on the needs of the office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure day to day implementation of the legal protection activities, acting as the manager of the Legal Protection Team and its relevant staff.
- Support Legal Officers in their preparation of legal case files and provision of counselling services.
- Ensure information dissemination to beneficiaries regarding legal services and legal issues.
- Support and guide the development of information dissemination materials regarding legal issues and legal support services in area of operation.
- Update case files, referral tracking mechanisms, and any other administrative tracking systems developed; ensure beneficiaries’ data is protected.
- Provide technical support to members of the legal protection team.
- Review all legal case files, documents, legal counselling intake forms, and referrals from team members on a weekly basis to submit to supervisor and/or relevant partners for action.
- Provide daily verbal and written feedback to supervisor on progress, lesson learnt, achievements and gaps, issues and problems.
- Writing regular narrative and quantitative reports for the donor for each field site visited.
- Maintain and promote a positive image of Human Appeal and its activities by explaining the activities HA conducts and why HA operates in the way it does.
- Any other duties assigned by the Protection Programmes Coordinator.
- Relevant University degree in Law.
- Minimum of three years of experience working as a Lawyer, with in-depth knowledge of civil documentation cases.
- Relevant professional experience, preferably in emergency and/or development context.
- Familiarity with international protection and human rights legal standards.
- Good report writing skills.
- Good verbal & oral communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and respect for people from different cultures and backgrounds and especially those with special needs and other vulnerability.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritize work to deadlines.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Must have strong ethos of working as a team player.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.