World Vision International is a Christian relief, development, and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Sustainable Development Expert - Ninewa
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position falls under the project Small Business promotion in Mosul – Nineveh. The Sustainable Development Expert will manage the day-to-day implementation of project activities at 100% effort in order to achieve project goals and objectives including: ensuring the quality of implementation of the sustainable livelihoods activities within the project ensuring that they are aligned with the quality standards, of the donor and in accordance with cluster guidelines (i.e. emergency livelihoods cluster and cash-working group).
They will develop and enrich the SOPs, build the teams capacity for sustainable development for staff, most notably the business support expert, and provide technical guidance on how to organize and implement the activities in a sustainable manner in the Iraqi context, including reviewing the skills development modules and process, cash disbursement process and amount, and for further guiding the business plan development to be implemented by the trainers and coaches.
Quality Project Implementation
Implement project activities in accordance with the project guidelines and targets and work closely with the other partners and coordinator to mitigate the project management and implementation challenges faced, carry out the daily field activities including but not limited to household assessment supervision, beneficiary selection, FGDs with communities, vendor selection and contracting, etc.
Coordination and Capacity Building of Beneficiaries:
Provide ongoing capacity building, assistance, and coaching to field staff in order to ensure timely and quality
implementation of project activities in due consideration of the environment. Beneficiary training on sustainable development approaches and provide supervision of all activities under implementation to ensure that they are implemented in an environmentally friendly manner (contributing to the reduction of carbon footprint).
Ensure sustainable and environmentally friendly approaches are adopted and applied to all project interventions and learning is captured and applied through M&E mechanisms.
Work closely with target beneficiaries on regular basis to support them to identify opportunities in a circular economy and support them in articulating their goals and developing business plans that are environmentally friendly. Create a platform of learning and exchange of ideas and resources among target beneficiaries, mentors, external bodies and institutions with a special focus on economic development.
Monitoring and Reporting
Regularly track project activities in coordination with MEAL Submit weekly/monthly reports to the project manager
Based on the donor requirement, support the project manager/coordinator to submit the required donor report.
Planning and Budgeting
Support project manager to administer project budget to ensure accurate and timely budget spending
Follow up and coordinate with other departments e.g. Procurement, Security, Finance, Fleet, PDQA etc.
Perform other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- Three (3) years of experience working experience in livelihood and economic development programs that focus on business skills development,
- Field experience working with communities and liaising with government departments
- Good understanding of the local circular economy and environment-related policies.
- Excellent capacity building and facilitation skills.
- Ability to study and understand the market dynamics, identify market gaps and identify practical solutions to address them.
- Higher education – Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Environmental Sciences, Natural Resources, climate studies, etc.
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and report writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders
- Fluency in Arabic, English, and Kurdish languages
- Knowledge of the displaced population profile in Ninewa.
- Ability and willingness to learn new things and support new initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure, efficient task prioritization and time management
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with the community
- Use reflective practice and promote its use for learning, Use critical thinking and analysis
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with partners
- Understanding of community mobilization and empowerment principles and approaches
- Excellent coordination skills
- Ability to engage in personal learning and development
- Practice in community development
- Training experience
- Experience in communicating with Government, Non-Government, organizations, and other related area stakeholders
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- The position is based in Ninewa
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 80% of the time.
- Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
- The position is preferred to be in Ninewa
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 7 April 2022.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.