GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Based in Baghdad, the support logistics officer will be responsible for overseeing HI office relocation in Baghdad and HI office opening in Ramadi, in addition to regular premises management, as well as fleet management and instituting and upholding HI logistic procedures.
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS DECRIPTION
Objective 1: Fleet Management
- Supervision and organizational weekly vehicles movement planning and staff movement by making sure all departments submit their weekly car planning every Wednesday
- Make sure a consolidated vehicle movement plan is shared with the relevant staff on Thursday before COB
- Supervise drivers and ensure vehicles efficiencies, monitor vehicle maintenance and ensure that the fleet is serviceable and in good condition.
- Prepare monthly vehicle reports including generator outlining fuel usage and maintenance cost.
- Ascertain and ensure adherence to vehicle policy
- Make sure the kiss/cross contact planned are respected
- Ensure that vehicles have enough equipment and used properly; proceed to monthly check (logbook, physical inventory, regular discussion with drivers).
- Make sure a proper follow up of fleet contracts and ensure all contracts are updated and valid.
- Ensure regular and proper communication with all drivers, including through regular meetings
- Conduct regular performance appraisals of the drivers and provide feedback accordingly
Objective 2: Premises Management
- In close coordination with the Security & Liaison Manager and Field Coordinator, ensure timely relocation of HI office in Baghdad (identification, contractualization, premises upgrade & rehabilitation as necessary, physical move/purchase of assets and items etc..)
- In close coordination with the Security & Liaison Manager and Field Coordinator, lead the opening of an HI office in Ramadi (identification, contractualization, premisis upgrade & rehabilitation as necessary, purchase of assets and items…)
- If requested, support for the identification and contractualization of a warehouse/storage area in Diyala governorate
- Ensure that Offices and Guesthouse area equipped with all required items and supplies (cleaning and sanitary items, consumables etc..) and proceed to regular inventory and consumption follow-up
- Make sure that all premises are clean and equipment are working
- Supervise and organize (or provide directly) the needed maintenance actions reported by users in guesthouses and offices
- Ensure that the electricity and the water inside HI premises are functional, matching with the needs and ensure proper maintenance and follow-up on the generators
- Act as the focal point for the owners of the HI premises, in coordination with Field Coordinator
Objective 3: Reporting
- Provide the line manager a weekly activity report and forecast related to the weekly objectives achieved.
- Logistics Reports: elaboration & transmission to the Logistics Manager: Car-costs, Generator follow up, Incident report (ad hoc), sitreps and oral reporting.
Objective 4: Contribute to security management
- Follow the security rules defined by HI
- Ensure security of premises from a logisitics perspectives (door locks, camera system etc…)
- Report immediately any incident to HI Security & Liaison Manager and Field Coordinator
- Monitoring the application of security procedures, issuing reminders and alerting staff when necessary
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least one year experience in an equivalent position (premises and fleet management) in NGOs and/or three years’ experience in logistics in the private sector
- Relevant university qualification;
- Excellent computer skills,
- Strong communications and reporting skills, with excellent verbal and written English
- Capacity to work in autonomy
- Commitment to Team work and strong interpersonal skills
- Management and supervision skills
- Well-organised and capable of prioritising tasks
- Result oriented, attention to details and larger overview, multi-tasking
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and humanitarian values
The working hours are the following:
Sunday till Thursday, from 08:00 AM to 04:30 PM with 30 minutes lunch break, the work duration is fixed but the working hours can vary according to the planning of activities.
It can be exceptionally requested to work on Friday or Saturday. In that case a day off is planned between Sunday and Thursday during the previous or following week.
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager. In that case the overtime will be considered as recovery time to be planned by the line manager in the next days.
The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
v Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
v Internal regulation (IR)
v Child protection policy (CPP)
v Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
v Antifraud and bribery
v Code of Conduct (CoC)
How to apply:
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter so as to reach on or before
25th Oct 2020
Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be
Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically.
Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference:
Ref: HI-IRQ -BGD-LOGOFF–525
Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the
Subject line of your e-mail
Please address all applications to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted