We are looking for a resourceful supply chain engineer to manage and improve our supply chain operations. You will be pivotal in the logistics planning process, help companies identify problems as they develop, manufacture, store, and ship products. They must be able to create strategies by analyzing information and processes and present their findings. You will be analyzing supply chain procedures, recommending, and implementing improvements, and determining supply chain KPIs. The Supply Chain Manager impacts all aspects of the construction, supply, and service activities process. Candidates should be strong communicators who love to collaborate with others and to have an understanding of accounting, legal documents, and to build lasting relationships as they increase efficiency and focus on warehouse optimization.
To ensure success, you should exhibit extensive knowledge of business operations and experience in a related industry,
be someone whose expertise translates into streamlined and cost-effective supply chain operations.
- Evaluating existing supply chain processes to identify areas that need optimization.
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive supply chain strategy.
- Collaborating on supply chain procedures, including inventory management, warehousing, automation, systems integration, and distribution.
- Collecting and interpreting analytical and performance data to determine supply chain KPIs.
- Recommending and implementing supply chain improvements, as well as documenting processes.
- Customizing and deploying efficient supply chain management software.
- Training and overseeing junior employees.
- Building and maintaining strong vendor and distributor relationships.
- Ensuring compliance with industry standards and safety regulations.
- Keeping abreast of developments in supply chain engineering.
- Assist logistics process for the development of new products, inventory maintenance, manufacturing, shipment, and delivery, and returns on products.
- Keep detailed records, generate reports, and develop presentations to help management understand the logistics perspective.
- Build relationships within the company and with external parties, such as suppliers or distributors.
- Read and comprehend legal documents, such as contracts or import/export agreements.
- Understanding of principles of accounting and finance.
- Collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds in order to identify problems and find solutions.
- Travel is necessary to visit sites and staying on the project for a designated duration.
- Working hours are typically standard office hours, but strict deadlines mean longer hours, weekends and being on-call are all possible and expected.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, logistics, Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- Degree coursework in supply chain management preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in related field.
- Experience in Oil & Gas field is preferred.
- Ability to manage logistics of all aspects of supply chain, from product development to the shipment of finished items.
- Understanding of accounting or finance.
- Must be able to comprehend legal documents.
- Strong communication skills and the desire to build lasting relationships with people all over the world.
- Advanced proficiency in industry-related supply chain management software.
- SAP/ERP experience.
- In-depth knowledge of supply chain analytics and KPI measurement.
- Extensive experience in supply chain analysis and optimization.
- Exceptional analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Superb collaboration and communication abilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Fluent in English.