Led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan, Careem is pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We are in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
Supply Associate :
About the Team:
Supreme Customer Service is fundamental at Careem, and we want to wow our Captains (drivers) every time! The purpose of the Supply Associate role is to assist the local Operations teams in doing just that. You will be responsible for making bold decisions and working in an agile way in order to deliver a first class service working in a multi-skilled position across 3 different areas of the Training, Captain Support & Peak Management. This role involves working on a shift basis that will include some weekend work.
What you'll do:
- Always be Careem to captains
- Analytical skills
- Excellent written communication for the quality policies and procedures.
- Coaching and monitor the quality on ground
- Critical/logical thinking – have to identify problems but also be able to help provide solutions to ensure efficiency and quality of the process
- Product testing and launches with the captains
- Ensure support SLAs are being met
- knowledge of the market & competitors
What you'll need:
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
- Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines
- Confident, outgoing, and with a predisposition to teach others
- Good technical proficiency, literacy skills, and a competent computer user
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot problems and work collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent technical proficiency, literacy skills, and a competent computer user
- Experience working in a similar role & within the technology industry/start-up environment is highly desirable
- Educated to BS/ level (or equivalent) within a subject relevant to the position
- An additional language would be desirable although not essential as English is our corporate language
- Fresh graduate or 1-2 years of work experience
- SQL knowledge is a plus
Where you'll be:
- Even though we are working remotely, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power of building social connections with our teams. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of home.
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location.
What we’ll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this.
As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day