Job Title: Supervisor
Responsible to: Technical Field Manager
MAG is a humanitarian organisation clearing the remnants of conflict for the benefit of communities worldwide. MAG is co-laureate of the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize and has been operating in Iraq since 1992 and is operational in five governorates. MAG’s extensive experience and longevity in Iraq and deliver diverse programmes across emergency and development response projects, including support, training and collaboration with national NGOs.
• The SPV is responsible to assist with the reconnaissance, planning and implementation of all the relevant clearance tasks delegated to the teams under his supervision
• The SPV is responsible for the accurate recording and reporting of all tasks conducted by the teams under their supervision.
• All team leaders and personnel under the SPV’s control are to be correctly briefed, understand MAG policies and their duties and responsibilities, and adhere to SOPs, drills, procedures and guidelines.
• The SPV maintains discipline throughout the teams in his area of responsibility.
• All relevant equipment, materials, vehicles and stores are available, at the right time and at the correct locations for the teams that the SPV is responsible for
• All team equipment is properly maintained.
• Collects checks and sends team reports and other reports by the required time to the TFM
• Monitors the security situation in area of responsibility and keeps the TFM informed of any changes/developments
• Liaises with other Supervisors and MA personnel when necessary
• Must be prepared to travel and remain in the field when necessary
• Organizes, coordinates and be closely involved with initial training, continuation training and ongoing assessment of all operational staff.
• Must visit operations in area of responsibility daily, ensuring that each site visited is fully monitored and any errors rectified and recorded.
• Liaises closely with the local community, relevant Authorities and CLC.
• Carries out any other operational/administrative duties as directed by their Line Manager to meet operational requirements
• Liaises with the Sector Manager regarding teams’ logistical requirements.
• Is responsible for conducting the Quality Assurance checks on all tasks being conducted by the Teams under supervision.
• It is preferable the SPV be able to drive MAG owned cars for operations purposes.
• The job of supervisor will often involve long unsociable working hours.
• Is expected to stand in as Acting TFM as required.
• Responsible to conduct the appropriate Render Safe Procedure authorized by the relevant Authority.
Management and HR
• Assist in managing, motivating and developing the training team within the project to perform to a high standard.
• Assist the TFM in ensuring that student and training files are produced and shared with HR
• Assist in ensuring that HR policies and procedures are implemented in consultation with Base Manager / HR Manager.
• Assist in the recruitment procedures for all project students in line with MAG’s policies and procedures.
• Communication and Reporting
• Ensure the TFM is fully briefed on all training issues and any technical difficulties arising
• Submit accurate training reports as directed by the TFM, and produce other technical reports and documents as and when required.
• Health, Safety and Security
• Assist in the monitoring of the security situation in work location and areas of operations ensuring that the TFM are kept informed of security risks and developments.
Person Specification and Essential Experience
The candidate must have at least 3 years demining experience including working as a deminer/TL.
• An understanding of NGOs and a commitment to humanitarian work.
• Be trained and experienced in EOD
• Understand MRE and CL roles.
• Be familiar with different levels of survey.
• Be able to work in the English language.
• Have worked at Team Leader level.
• Be familiar with demining operational planning, including resource planning.
• Have a good understanding of quality management.
• Should be educated to diploma level or have the appropriate years of demining experience
• Must be qualified in TL and Supervisors courses.
• Should have driving license.
• Work in compliance with/uphold MAG's Safeguarding framework - Policy on Personal Conduct, Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy, Dignity at Work Policy, Reporting Malpractice (Whistleblowing) Policy, Equal Opportunities Policy and Policy on Modern Slavery
• Challenge any unacceptable behaviour and report any safeguarding concerns that happen to them and others during their work in MAG
Application procedure for the position
All candidates interested in applying for this position should send their updated CV, in English, to this email Ahmad.Bahjat@maginternational.org
The candidates who do not meet the selection criteria will not be considered.
All the Applicants must mention the job title (Supervisor) in the subject line of their email.
• no job title in the subject line,
• Sent through links and
• Duplicate applications will be disqualified.
MAG is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date for applications is 14th April 2021. Late applications will not be accepted.