SPARK is an international not-for profit organisation. SPARK develops higher education through providing scholarships for Syrian refugees, as well as entrepreneurship and leadership workshops in order to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. Students apply for the SPARK scholarship online, and go through a multi-stages selection process, which will determine their acceptance to the programme.
Purpose of the assignment
- The freelancer is expected to support the SPARK team on basic administration tasks and communicate directly with the students.
- The freelancer will be available 3-5 days per week.
- The freelancer should be able to go on field visits when needed.
- Assist the SPARK team with updating our online database system (data entry, uploading documents etc.)
- Assist the SPARK team during major events (seminars, trainings, info sessions, workshops etc.)
- Directly communicating with students (for follow up, invitation to major events etc.)
- Assist the SPARK team in the student selection process renewal of student scholarships
- Any other related tasks
Requirements and skills
- Enrolled in a university program or recently graduated
- Good office skills (MS office (particularly Excel), email etc…)
- Great communication skills
- Flexible and responsible
- Fluent in Arabic and Kurdish, strong English skills is an asset;
- A dynamic working environment
- Transportation and need expenses
- A remuneration of 5,62 USD per hour, that is 900 USD based on 160 hours per month.
Duration of the contract:
- Until 31/12/ 2020 with the possibility of extension based on available budget and performance.
If interested, please apply by sharing your CV to email@example.com
Please put “Student service Freelancer” in the subject of the email.
The deadline is 6/9/2020.