The Iraq Delegation of International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Erbil
invites qualified candidates to apply for the following vacancy:
Position: Staff Health Officer 1
Duration of Contract: One year fixed term contract
Location: Iraq – Erbil
Date of Issue: 27 October 2020
Deadline for applications: 03 November 2020
Staff Health Officer is the focal point for all matters relating to the health of ICRC staff in the delegation. In line with ICRC staff health strategy and in collaboration with medical personnel on the spot, s/he promotes and maintains the physical and mental health of ICRC staff. S/He implements the staff health strategy in seven identified domains: 1. Staff health policy; 2. Prevention; 3. Health care and medical emergencies; 4. Stress management and crisis situations; 5. Health insurances; 6. Management of medical information; 7. Monitoring, assessment and feedback.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities under the direct supervision of the FAD Manager in Erbil:
- Carries out health briefings for all new ICRC staff.
- Assesses and supervises living conditions in the delegation and all sub-sites, promotes general hygiene standards.
- Evaluates the medical structures available and quality of services provided; identifies and monitors services for the referral and treatment of ICRC staff.
- Provides advice and support to ICRC staff with health problems.
- Provides advice on the medical needs of ICRC staff during transportation and coordinates medical evacuations from the field to the capital.
- Supports the HR department for specific basic trainings as First Aid training, stress management, resilience, etc.
- Compiles guidelines and procedures to be followed during the medical evacuation of personnel from the field or out of the country.
- Collects accurate and reliable data on illnesses, accidents and absenteeism, with a view to providing statistics on illnesses and the medical risks taken by all staff.
- Reviews medical invoices for anonymization and approval of medical expenses.
- Carries out defusing and creates peer support groups following critical incidents in the field; follows up if further intervention is required.
- Management of first aid kits in the delegation, during field trips, in residences and cars: inventory, replenishment, storage, location).
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Medical doctor (master's degree in medicine) or registered nurse.
- 3 years clinical experience.
- Experience in mental health and stress management.
- Computer proficiency.
- Fluent knowledge of Kurdish, English and Arabic languages.
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results.
- Proficiency in Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Explorer.
- Ability to draft clearly and concisely.
- Proactively develop new ways to resolve problems and actively share relevant information.
- Set clear and achievable goals consist with agreed priorities for self and others.
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Delivering at Pace, Collaborating, Making Effective Decision
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and with a sense of initiative.
- Highly developed analytical, planning, communication and organizing skills
ICRC Remuneration and Social Benefits: We offer
- A monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, medical coverage, training opportunities and social security scheme)
- The opportunity to practice your profession in an international, humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Support you through ongoing learning and development opportunities
The successful candidate will submit to a three month probation period.
Interested candidates should send the following to (ERB_hr_services@icrc.org)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications
- Salary expectations
Please indicate the post title you are applying for. Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq.
As ICRC, we are convinced that diversity makes us better at what we do: it enables us to form close relationships with wide-ranging communities and develop the best solutions for the people we work with. We make a conscious effort to have diverse teams with regards to age, disability, race, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation and particularly in terms of gender as women make up more than 20 % of our staff and are encouraged to apply.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization
whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal
violence and provide them with assistance. Please visit our website for further information: www.icrc.org
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).