Position Title: Sr. C&P Engineer, Projects &Operations
Line Manager: Supply Chain Manager
1 st July 2021
Location: Erbil, KRI
Genel Energy is an independent E&P company listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange Headquartered in London with offices in Ankara, Erbil, Morocco & Somaliland, Genel is one of the largest London-listed independent oil producers and is the largest holder of reserves and resources in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
The Sr. C&P Engineer, Projects & Operations role will report to the Supply Chain Manager. The purpose of this role is to provide effective C&P support to the Projects Management and Engineering and Operations teams.
For further information about our company, please refer to www.genelenergy.com
- Tendering, execution, and post-award management of contracts
- Work closely with and provide support to Projects Management & Engineering and Operations teams
- Lead development and execution of contracting strategies for key Projects contracts including FEED/EPC and securing multi-discipline consensual support for sourcing plans and strategies
- Working together with the KRI SCM Manager to execute Operations support contracts of higher complexity such as crude oil transportation
- Responsible for management of tender process and associated approvals
- Identifying, evaluating, and resolving contracting issues during the EPC / FEED phase of the Contract.
- Assure compliance across the BU in adherence to Genel Energy KRI procedures, JVA, PSC, and Local and International Law, and support all internal and external business audit requirements.
- Developing, compiling, and conducting pre-qualification exercises, invitation to tender documentation, and evaluation of tenders received.
- Reviewing specifications and scope of work documents for commercial appropriateness which enables technical functions to translate their requirements into a clearly articulated expression of commercial intent.
- Incorporation of local content requirements in the contracting process.
- Actively seek opportunities to drive cost reduction and savings in all aspects of company spend.
Key Success Factors
The successful candidate will be a good cultural fit within Genel and will be able to demonstrate a genuine commitment to Genel Energy values of Integrity, Accountability, Respect, Collaboration and Ingenuity.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Significant proven oil and gas contracting experience of 5 to 10 years.
- Formulation and negotiation experience of a cross-section of complex contracts and specifically in EPC project context.
- Strong commercial background in pre and post contract award management and have worked on major projects
- Complete understanding of legal and commercial issues.
- International exposure within an oil and gas operating environment.
- The following academic qualifications are advantageous:
o Degree in a business, engineering or management related subject.
o CIPS / RICS professional certification.
- Formulating, evaluating and negotiating complex contracts.
- Handling of multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good analytical skills.
- English language and numeracy skills.
- High level of competency with the Microsoft suite of applications
Internal &External Interaction:
- Internally the candidate will be expected to work supportively and actively collaborate with all disciplines and functions whether in London, Ankara or at any Genel Energy locations in the KRI.
- External interaction with Government and Regulatory authorities as well as suppliers and contractors
- Works independently with a minimal level of supervision and knows when to seek support.
- Active contributor to the decision-making process, able to deliver against agreed actions when decisions are made.
- Treats others with respect and acts with integrity.
- Engages with and contributes to the local community
Please submit your application by email to (email@example.com) before 15 th July 2021.
(Kindly mention Sr. C&P Engineer, Projects & Operations in the subject of your E-mail)