Genel Energy is an independent E&P company listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange Headquartered in London with offices in Ankara, Erbil, Morocco & Somaliland, Genel is one of the largest London-listed independent oil producers and is the largest holder of reserves and resources in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
The Sr. C&P Engineer, Projects & Operations role will report to the Supply Chain Manager. The purpose of this role is to provide effective C&P support to the Projects Management and Engineering and Operations teams.
For further information about our company, please refer to www.genelenergy.com
• Tendering, execution and post award management of contracts.
• Work closely with and provide support to Projects Management & Engineering and Operations teams
• Lead development and execution of contracting strategies for key Projects contracts including FEED/EPC and securing multi-discipline consensual support for sourcing plans and strategies.
• Working together with the KRI SCM Manager to execute Operations support contracts of higher complexity such as crude oil transportation.
• Responsible for management of tender process and associated approvals.
• Identifying, evaluating, and resolving contracting issues during the EPC / FEED phase of the Contract..
• Assure compliance across the BU in adherence to Genel Energy KRI procedures, JVA, PSC and Local and International Law, and support all internal and external business audit requirements.
• Developing, compiling and conducting of pre-qualification exercises, invitation to tender documentation and evaluation of tenders received.
• Reviewing specifications and scope of work documents for commercial appropriateness which enables technical functions to translate their requirements into a clearly articulated expression of commercial intent.
• Incorporation of local content requirements in the contracting process.
• Actively seek opportunities to drive cost reduction and savings in all aspects of company spend.
Key Success Factors:
The successful candidate will be a good cultural fit within Genel and will be able to demonstrate a genuine commitment to the Genel Energy values of Integrity, Accountability, Respect, Collaboration and Ingenuity.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Significant proven oil and gas contracting experience of 5 to 10 years.
• Formulation and negotiation experience of a cross section of complex contracts and specifically in EPC project context.
• Strong commercial background in pre and post contract award management and have worked on major projects.
• Complete understanding of legal and commercial issues.
• International exposure within an oil and gas operating environment.
• The following academic qualifications are advantageous:
o Degree in a business, engineering or management related subject.
o CIPS / RICS professional certification.
• Formulating, evaluating and negotiating complex contracts.
• Handling of multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Good analytical skills.
• English language and numeracy skills.
• High level of competency with the Microsoft suite of applications
Internal & External Interaction:
• Internally the candidate will be expected to work supportively and actively collaborate with all disciplines and functions whether in London, Ankara or at any Genel Energy locations in the KRI.
• External interaction with Government and Regulatory authorities as well as suppliers and contractors.
• Works independently with a minimal level of supervision and knows when to seek support.
• Active contributor to the decision-making process, able to deliver against agreed actions when decisions are made.
• Treats others with respect and acts with integrity.
• Engages with and contributes to the local community