Miswag is leading e-commerce in the industry with the goal of building the most innovative and efficient tech organization in Iraq. We are looking for backend artisans who are passionate about building, maintaining, and improving tools to automate and ensure the efficiency of processes across different teams in Miswag.
The right candidate enjoys working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, is willing to learn and take on new challenges, and understands the importance of engineering in tech solutions. You will be joining an existing team of backend, DevOps, and frontend engineers.
- Develop new features and maintain existing ones for internal and customer-facing tools.
- Participate in designing and architecting new systems.
- Conduct benchmarks and stress tests to ensure system durability.
- Derive engineering requirements from business requirements.
- Write tests and documentation where it suits.
- Maintain high coding standards and consistency with our guidelines and conventions.
- 3+ years of experience in backend development (Preferably using PHP/Laravel)
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Experience with MySQL or Postgres.
- Experience with Redis.
- Good understanding of concepts such as OOP, SOLID, and DDD.
- Experience with writing tests using PHP Units or PEST.
- Good understanding of Queues, Broadcasting (WebSockets), Caching, or Indexing concepts.
- Capability to trace, profile, and measure web application performance using profiling tools to identify performance issues.
- Experience with Git and Gitflow.
- Experience with AWS (even lightly), Docker/Kubernetes, and Linux in general.
- Experience with Tailwind and Livewire.
- Experience with different paradigms of databases such as key-value, graph, or wide-column with the understanding of the whys and wheres it fits the best.
- Experience with Swoole or Roadrunner. (pst... Octane counts in)
- Experience with static analyzers such as PHPStan or Pslam.
- Good knowledge of PHP 8+ new improvements and how to utilize them.
- Infrastructure: AWS, Lambda, EKS, EC2s, API Gateway, and Cloudformation.
- Data Layer: MySQL, Postgres, and DynamoDB.
- Data Warehouse: AWS Glue (ETLs) and Athena.
- Languages: PHP (Majorly), Golang (Lambdas).
- Frameworks: Laravel.
We encourage learning and exploration. You don't have to know everything mentioned here.