Job Title: Female Social Media Coordinator/Specialist
Department: Empowering Women and Girls in Iraqi Kurdistan
Reports to: Project Manager
City: Sulaimaniyah, Iraq
Contract Type: Full-time
Asuda for Combating Violence against Women is an Iraqi NGO dedicated to combating and eliminating all forms of violence against women and girls through an international, institutionalized and systematic approach to protect women’s rights and strengthen civil society entities in the region. Asuda seeks the attainment of a safe environment for women and other marginalized groups, free from all forms of violence and discrimination. Asuda works for a world where everyone is held accountable for their actions, and individuals can rely on the provision of legal services. Asuda works with national and international organizations to raise awareness, to continue advocating for women’s rights, and to lead projects directed at empowering women and girls in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
The Social Media Coordinator is a full time position based in the City of Sulaimaniyah in Iraq. The position will be responsible for implementing and leading a social media strategy to eliminate all forms of gender based violence in the region. The position requires sound knowledge of website development, managing online platforms, and measuring data. In addition, we seek highly motivated people who are experienced in accessing and using online social media including blogs, wikis, discussion boards, and similar interactive sites, and participate in webinars and self-paced online tutorials.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create and edit engaging and relevant posts (posts, images, videos, memes etc.) for several social media platforms.
- Provide monthly reports that measures numbers of shares, comments, likes, and other forms of online engagement.
- Manage, design and oversee the organization’s presence on multiple social media outlets.
- Design campaigns to raise awareness about gender based violence in KRI
- Create posts to capture audience’s curiosity and create buzz around women’s rights
- Generate content that educates viewers on the importance of women’s economic empowerment and other trending topics pertained to gender equality.
- Organize and maintain both private and public Facebook (and other popular platforms) groups created to engage all community member to eliminate violence against women and girls.
- Identify the most used social media platforms by youth and utilize the platform to lead change and shape opinions.
- Search online resources for assistance with technology devices and applications
- Familiar with social networking tools and library policy on usage
- Understand privacy issues
Qualifications and Experience
- Must be female.
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters in Communications, Marketing, Computer Science, International Relations, or other related fields is highly recommended
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English, Kurdish, and Arabic
- 2-3 years of work experience with social media platforms and internet navigation
- Understanding of Iraq geopolitics and trending events propagated on the net
- Highly skilled in video editing, sound editing, graphic design, and photography
- Familiarity with web design and publishing
- Ability to grasp online trends in media platforms within the region and internationally
- Capability to track and analyze data gathered through the social media platforms
- Strong analytical thinking skills to present complex information to a wide range of people
- Ability to work with a team and at an individual level
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Have an understanding/awareness of the following terms: Boot, CPU, Monitor, Hard drive, CD Rom, Flash drive/memory stick, Server, Mobile device, BYOD (bring your own device), Web site, Link, URL, Operating system (Macintosh, Windows), Browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome), Search engine, OPAC or online catalog, Cloud, Intranet, Social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Facebook, etc.), Blog, NC KNOWS (virtual reference chat), NC LIVE, LibGuides, Train Station, Webinar
- Demonstrate integrity by modeling Asuda’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Asuda
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development of new skills
- Seeks and applies knowledge and best practices from within and outside Asuda
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and a CV attached electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position they are applying for in the subject line of the email. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of their age, race, gender, ethnicity, or nationality.