Asuda for Combatting Violence against Women is an independent women's rights, Non-Profit, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) based in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Asuda is dedicated to combating all forms of violence against women through an institutional and systematic approach to enhance the status of women and strengthen civil society through the participation of women. In 2001 Asuda opened the first women's shelter in KRI and continues to provide assistance to GBV survivors from different ethnic and religious origins from across Iraq and refugees.
Project Purpose and Scope of Work
Asuda seeks the services of a Social Media and Web Specialist to provide ongoing web support and train the social media staff to launch a campaign on social media.
The specialist will work with the staff and train them to launch a year-long campaign on social media to eliminate violence against women in KRI. The campaign will target diverse and wide-range social media users across the country, aiming to create buzz around women’s rights.
- The social media and website specialist responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Train newly hired social media coordinators at Asuda to be able to launch a campaign on social media platforms
- Train and assist the social media coordinators to create and manage different online accounts
- Troubleshoot and investigate issues that arise related to digital security tools and platforms used by social media coordinators at the organization.
- Review of current tools, systems, platforms, and practices and resulting recommendation(s) to increase the safety of online activities.
- Train Asuda staff on new digital security tools, systems, and procedures as explicitly needed for the social media campaign.
- Prepare Asuda staff to respond to and prevent new digital security threats and challenges.
- Support the social media coordinator and the accounts developer in areas like SEO, social media, email marketing, and website design.
- Identify and repair glitches that effect the website
- Improve Asuda’s website functions to provide easy access for survivors of GBV when navigating the website
- Check computer hardware (HDD, mouse, keyboards, etc.) to ensure the functionality to help the campaign
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications that will help the GBV awareness campaign online
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance to maximize exposure of content designed
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems (digital security)
- Provide orientation and guidance to social media coordinators on how to operate new software and computer equipment
- Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems as needed
Anticipated Selection Schedule
Request for Proposal timeline as follows:
Request for Proposal Issuance: July 14, 2020
Deadline for Applicants to Submit Questions: July 16, 2020
Proposal Deadline: July 22, 2020
Start of Negotiation for Top Bidder(s): July 25, 2020
Contract Award: July 30, 2020
Time and Place of Submission of Proposals
Respondents to this request for proposal must submit their proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses must be received no later than July 22, 2020 and should be marked "RFP-IT Consultant" in the subject of the email.
Questions about the RFP can be submitted to email@example.com.
Elements of Proposal
A submission must, at a minimum, include the following elements:
- Description of firm/consultant that provides a general overview, names, and credentials of the team member(s)
- A no more than three-page narrative outlining the firm/consultant's (CV and resumes are accepted as well) strengths and distinguishing skills or capabilities as they relate to the Organization's goals and scope of services
A success respondent will:
- Demonstrate expertise, skills, and capabilities to provide the requested services successfully
- Use the internet effectively in advocacy and provide actionable recommendations and measurable results
- Offer a competitive proposal