About GIZ and GIZ Iraq:
As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been working in Iraq since 2014 and has maintained a country office in Baghdad since 2018. On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Federal Foreign Office (AA) and the European Union (EU), GIZ is working on the three priority areas in Iraq. GIZ offers support in Iraq to help internally displaced people and host communities improve their living conditions. Here, the aim is to promote social cohesion, create income opportunities and revitalise the local economy. These measures are being implemented in the autonomous region of Kurdistan and in Federal Iraq.
About the project:
Support to Stabilization and Violence Prevention in Iraq (SSVPI) The GIZ project “Support to Stabilization and Violence Prevention in Iraq” (SSVPI) supports the stabilization process in Iraq and contributes to the prevention of violence and violent extremism through coordination on stabilization, a funding facility addressing drivers of radicalization, and a component on dealing with the past / restorative and juvenile justice.
We are a motivated, and dynamic team that values ownership of one’s areas of responsibility while working in a team and showing a cooperative spirit. We welcome applications from personalities with similar qualities.
- Providing inputs and preparing the projects contributions to the governmental process on return, rehabilitation, and reintegration of Iraqi nationals from Al Hol, co-chaired by GoI and UN
- (Co-) Designing and implementing the rehabilitation and reintegration efforts in Anbar, with a focus on Heet and Falludja
- Development and managing the implementation of an operational plan, incl. monitoring and documentation of activities
- Liaison with the expert community on the social cohesion, MHPSS and socio-economic reintegration in Iraq and the region, as well as key Iraqi governmental stakeholders
- University degree (min. M.A.) in social studies, psychology, political science or a related field. Lack of relevant degree can be compensated with substantial working experience in relevant governmental institutions or international organisations.
- Overall minimum of 5 years working experience, of which at least 3 years in the field of the prevention on violence and extremism or on perceived ISIL-affiliated families
- Extensive knowledge and expertise on concepts and approaches on social cohesion, reintegration of IDPs, with a focus on rehabilitation and reintegration of perceived ISIL- affiliated youth and women
- Distinct experience in designing, planning and implementing activities in Iraq, preferably linked to PVE, social cohesion, IDP reintegration and peacebuilding
- Experience in facilitating trainings and dialogue sessions on PVE for/with civil society and governmental stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of the public administration in Iraq, governmental bodies and other authorities especially for the relevant actors in the field of PVE, social cohesion, as well as return and reintegration
Management & Soft Skills:
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Strong organisational competence and strong communication skills and ability to adopt according to context
- Strong managerial and organisational competencies
- Team player and readiness to collaborate
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Fluency in Arabic and English are mandatory (written and spoken)
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, MS Teams, Zoom/Webex et.Al.)
- Ability to travel within Iraq regularly and possibly internationally is require
Important notes for your application
The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH- SSVPI22-094) Social Cohesion Advisor Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
GIZ templates for applications