Near East Foundation (NEF) – Iraq
Siraj Center Manager
Reports to: Area Manager
Location: Baqubah, Diyala’, Iraq
Background: Building Resilient Livelihoods among Vulnerable Iraqi IDPs, Returnees, and Host Communities in Salah Al-Din and Diyala’
In partnership with US Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration, the Near East Foundation Building Resilient Livelihoods project builds resilience and support economic well-being for IDP, returnee, and host community women and youth in Salah Al-Din and Diyala.
For over 100 years, NEF has worked to build more sustainable, prosperous, and inclusive communities in the Middle East and Africa through education, governance, and economic development initiatives. NEF’s work is organized around three program areas: Peacebuilding through Economic Cooperation, Inclusive Economic Development, and Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Management.
Reporting to the Area Manager, the Siraj Center Manager (SCM) is responsible for startup assistance including site selection, registration with local entities, refurbishments, and recruiting in coordination with senior management. The SCM will lead a team of Field Associates to ensure implementation of project deliverables on schedule. Additionally, the Siraj Center Manager is responsible for supporting complete documentation of activities for the project monitoring and evaluation system, and for financial stewardship to deter and prevent fraud, waste, and abuse of resources.
- Lead the recruiting process for the community-based team with support from the Baghdad office;
- Oversee the Siraj site selection and refurbishments including oversight of subcontractors. In coordination with the Safety and Logistics Officer, ensure that the site is well managed and compliant with health and safety applicable practices;
- Provide ongoing management and leadership for the Siraj Center staff, identifying and addressing barriers to implementation and building and supporting a team;
- Provide oversight to the technical staff to continuously engage and monitor progress with enterprise support, and farmer and processor groups to ensure that program interventions are improving production and quality on schedule;
- Provide monitoring and evaluation documentation as required;
- Support finance and accounting team with documentation as required;
- Provide activity reports and updates on schedule and as needed;
- In coordination with the Safety and Logistics Officer, ensure that safety guidelines and protocols are observed continuously and verified on schedule.
Qualifications and Requirements
The successful Capacity Siraj Center Manager must be a self-directed individual with the following qualifications:
- Five years of demonstrated experience in developing and managing teams to achieve measurable performance improvement in agriculture production or processing;
- Five years of experience in project management, preferably in an agriculture-related field and/or technical assistance;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, track, and communicate project progress using a variety of tools including Gantt charts, flow charts, and software packages such as Microsoft™ Office;
- Experience working with international non-governmental organizations;
- Proven facilitation and training skills, including management of effective trainings, workshops, and meetings;
- In-depth knowledge of the relevant area operating context regarding both agriculture and security issues;
- Proven capacity to develop and maintain effective working relationships within a distributed and dynamic team;
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic required;
- Basic proficiency in spoken English preferred.
NEF will accept a rolling application until the position is filled. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible before Thursday, January 2, 2020.
Please apply by submitting the following documents to the Near East Foundation Website at https://neareast.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=51&source=HAWA :
- Cover letter outlining relevant experience and availability
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of three references (including one from current, or most recent, employer)
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Near East Foundation by visiting the NEF website at www.neareast.org.
The Near East Foundation promotes Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and NEF employees.