The Shift Supervisor shall have at least the equivalent of Iraq secondary education, National Diploma, or High School degree. A minimum of five years’ experience in the military, police or guard force with proven experience in leadership roles is required. Experience with risk management including problem identification and problem solving is highly recommended. The Shift Supervisor shall conduct a muster of guards going on duty for purposes of inspection for proper uniform, review of current security problems, special instructions and training. The time required for this muster is in addition to that required to provide a timely relief for guards on post.
In addition, Shift Supervisors shall meet the following qualifications:
- Ordinary Resident of Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
- Speak the local language
- Possess English language proficiency to Level 3.
- Have experience managing security staff;
- Be proficient in all areas of physical security and access control;
- Be trained in the use of physical methods of control and restraint;
- Ensure all guards are properly uniformed and equipped.
- Be experienced in basic communications and radio use/procedures;
- Hold a current host-country driver’s license;
- Complete the contract required supervisor course;
- Complete and maintain firearms training and certification in accordance with local labor law and the requirements of this contract.
- On successful completion of our vetting, medical and language tests the successful candidate will be offered the position on a permanent contract.
The Shift Supervisor shall be required to perform supervisory duties that may include all or part of the responsibilities set forth below:
· Supervising and managing the guard force;
· Conducting inspections of all guards and guard posts at least once per shift;
· Preparing reports and making recommendations regarding the discipline and termination actions;
· Reports to the Guard Force Commander;
· Deploying guards for a shift or at a facility pursuant to client instructions;
· Acting as a point of contact with the client on operational guard force matters; and,
· Knowledgeable in the use and maintenance of all security related equipment.