Service Delivery Manager (Baghdad or Erbil)
Full time- long term contract
July 12, 2021
July 26, 2021
The purpose of the Iraq Governance and Performance Accountability (IGPA) project is to advance effective, accountable, and transparent governance in Iraq. This USAID effort, implemented by DAI, will work with the Government of Iraq (GOI) at all levels to better respond to citizen needs by supporting reform initiatives and Iraqi change agents on inclusive governance and public sector transparency, accountability, and economy. “Reform initiatives” includes support to improve service delivery functions, public financial management, and open government initiatives. IGPA will support the GOI and the citizens of Iraq in forming partnerships and collaborative efforts to solve problems jointly. IGPA has four (4) objectives:
1. Enhance GOI service delivery capacity
2. Improve public financial management
3. Strengthen monitoring and oversight of service delivery and public expenditure
4. Support Iraqi change agents (cross-cutting objective)
The Service Delivery Manager will support Service Delivery Lead by providing service delivery technical leadership to all IGPA provincial service delivery technical long term and short-term staff and activities.
The Service Delivery Manager will technically lead designing water, solid waste, electricity and other service delivery activities and support regional coordinators in implementing those activities. The Service Delivery Manager will ensure preparation of a clear Service Delivery Activities scope of works, RFPs and STTA and subcontractor deliverable schedule. The Service Delivery Manager will also provide technical oversight during the implementation of Service Delivery Activities.
The Service Delivery Manager will undertake a wide range of management and support tasks, including but not limited to those stipulated below:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage service delivery activities.
- Provide technical assistance for the implementation of water activities;
- Review and participate in the evaluation of the technical proposals and provide recommendations;
- Conduct or oversee engineering assessments of existing water diversion structures, water treatment plants, desalination plants, and the water distribution network.
- Help identify short and medium-term solutions for delivery of potable water to targeted areas.
- Provide technical oversight to the regional offices of IGPA to ensure they are critically evaluating project outputs, evaluating for reliability, appropriateness, and completeness as well as advising methodologies for improvements;
- Facilitate the review of water supply and demand control practices, based upon available data and key informants. Considering issues for improving GoI’s Water Supply system, guiding and advising local implementers on activity design and implementation;
- Develop scopes of works for required subcontracts and participate, as required, in the process of vendor selection.
- Technical review of all documents produced by the regional teams, including meeting minutes, MOUs, and proposed action plans. Furthermore, the successful candidate should support the local teams and water directorate staff in producing such documents, as requested.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Service Delivery Lead.
- Uphold the mission, values, and spirit of DAI in coordinating the programand in interacting with all community members.
- Follow and enforce all DAI codes of conduct, including but not limited to the Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct and Drug and Alcohol Policy. Report any violations to appropriate IGPA authority and participate in preventative initiatives.
- Follow and enforce all DAI organizational policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to personnel, security, communications, finance, procurement, and logistics. Report any violations to appropriate DAI authority.
- Actively seek opportunities that will complement ability to fulfill position’s responsibilities as well as further professional development, such as taking part in internal and external trainings and participating on relevant advisory boards.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Senior level water governance expertise. Bachelor’s Degree in water management. Master’s degree in water governance is preferred.
- Significant experience (as outlined in above qualification) advising national and subnational government agencies and/or international donors on water management; water supply planning, construction or rehabilitation; water quality improvement; and strategies for water management.
- Demonstrated experience contributing to the development and implementation of strategic communications efforts related to engage communities in water management initiatives;
- Experience providing technical assistance in conflict/post-conflict, transitional, or developing country environments, previous experience in Iraq will be an advantage;
- Experience managing activities in compliance with USAID environmental regulations;
- Oral and written fluency in English.
How to apply:
You can address your application to : IGPArecruitment@dai.com. Your application will not be taken into consideration if you do not insert the position title in subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. This position is for Iraqi nationals only.